Amazing truck with no problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

14ramdjh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
125000 miles three sets of tires, 1 compete set of rotors and pads, master cylinder, maintenance schedule at 5-7 thousand miles.. best truck ever.
key,,, don't abuse it

Mando Mark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Am I in a minority of owners since I have had no issues with my truck? I have owned my 2010 Ram 1500 ST with a 5.7 HEMI since it was brand new. It now has over 206,000 miles on it. Other than normal wear and tear I have only had to replace 2 brake calipers a left front wheel hub and an idler pully. Most of it was covered by my lifetime warranty. The first 180,000 miles were run on conventional oil. Oil gets changed when the truck says to change it.
There can be issues with any make/model/year. I bought a 1989 Ford F-150 brand new (first truck I ever ordered EXACTLY spec'd the way I wanted it) and about 150 miles past the basic engine/drivetrain warranty period, it started leaking coolant overboard. I paid to have that repaired, and held onto it until 2000 and ordered a Dodge SLT Quad-Cab with the 5.9L Magnum V8 and trailer-tow package. No issues with that other than having to replace front brakes/rotors at like 60K. (Though it was TERRIBLE on gas; NEVER got over 14 mpg on an easy, 65 mph trip; pulling the trailer it got like 6 mpg.) Kept that until 2016 (and only had 84,000 miles on it) and got a slightly used (8000 miles) 2015 Outdoorsman Eco Diesel with a trailer tow package. I had nothing but problems with that. EGR recirculation chamber cracked and lost coolant, ($2500 repair), the emissions flash turned it into a gutless wonder to the point I didn't dare pull my RV. I traded that off for a 2019 Ram Bighorn with the 5.7L hemi; NO issues with that at all thus far.

mopareg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
I have a 2000 Ram 1500 with 161000 on it and have only had normal change items . Also have a 2017 2500 with no problems as of yet !

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Another vote for "love my Ram". 3rd one, no problems on first, 2 wheel bearings cruise control module, and a couple header studs in 2nd over 18 years, 3rd going on almost 4 years and one warranty repair of abs module. Just regular general maintenance and no ticks, fires, or anything. :)
Threads like this help people get the other side of a forum, how great our trucks are.

darioa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 3.0 L
I just replaced my 2021 Ford F150 Powerboost with a RAM 1500 Diesel. My Ford was an incredible truck with amazing technology .... when it worked. It spent 4 months in the shop out of the year and a half I owned it. We went through 6 or 7 recalls, numerous software issues, a starter/alternator replacement that took 2.5 months to arrive, battery issues, screen problems, etc...

I'm hoping it was a COVID-19 issue where the manufacturing was substandard, but we could not continue looking at the reliability problems and do nothing. Hence the RAM. It doesn't have a generator in the bed, or massaging seats, or a trailer reverse assist knob, but the suspension makes it so much more comfortable to drive, the turning diameter makes it so much easier to park, and the mpg of the diesel is better than the hybrid gasoline setup. I don't have as much power or even torque, but I'm only towing a 6200 lbs travel trailer. I feel i can drive the RAM as my everyday car, where the Ford just felt too big for the city.

I'm hoping to experience few issues as well, barring the fuel pump recall notice I received the day after a drove it home.