AmP Power Steps - how bad have I F'd up here?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bretthays

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I saw some Amp Power Steps for sale on FB Marketplace new in the box for a really good price and grabbed them, I wasn't near a computer to research fitment heavily but I told the seller 2016 Ram 1500, he checked a web site (don't know which one) and it said they fit.. cool...

Got them out to install today and well sh*t.. wrong part number... how easy is Amp to work with on something like this? Can I buy just the different brackets or whatever I need to fit my truck? Anyone install lots of these on different year Rams? Do you think they may fit anyway?

OopsAmpSteps1.jpgOopsAmpSteps2.jpegOopsAmpSteps3.jpg

oe542bob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
Try giving Amp Research a call. Talk to a rep and maybe they can tell you if these can work, might be able to buy a different bracket or whatever.

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
Isn’t a 2016 1500 and a 2019 2500 the same cab sheet metal? I think they’ll bolt right on. You can also just hold the brackets up to the mounting position and check fitment. They bolt on exactly where the OEM step bars do (With some additional holes needing drilled).

I would call AMP to see if the controller is compatible or if there’s any other issues. The controller reads the OBD2 port to know what doors are open.

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I saw some Amp Power Steps for sale on FB Marketplace new in the box for a really good price and grabbed them, I wasn't near a computer to research fitment heavily but I told the seller 2016 Ram 1500, he checked a web site (don't know which one) and it said they fit.. cool...

Got them out to install today and well sh*t.. wrong part number... how easy is Amp to work with on something like this? Can I buy just the different brackets or whatever I need to fit my truck? Anyone install lots of these on different year Rams? Do you think they may fit anyway?

View attachment 513571View attachment 513572View attachment 513573
They're the same cabs, crew cab 19+2500 is the same as 09-18 crew cab 1500. Biggest issue could be the wiring.

oe542bob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
51F268A7-2061-4DED-93A7-D90C1D4354CA.png
The photo is from their website. Cab isn’t the issue I don’t believe. Since this set you have is Plug ‘n’ Play, this might be an issue. The security gateway didn’t start till 2018, and since you have a 2016, there’s no security.
Hardwiring would be one solution. It’s a pain to do it because of where the connections are made. Plug ‘n’ Play is the easy way. Call Amp and see what they say.