AN hose make up tips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I won't say i'm an expert at AN hoses,but i have made up more of them then i like to think about over the years.
First thing you need is a set of AN hose vise jaws,there's a bunch of them on Amazon / Summit etc. pick your poison.
I use a set of older Vibrant inserts

The first thing is to figure out your hose length and where you want to cut your braided hose.
Once that's done i wrap the hose as tight as i can with a couple wraps of black electrical tape at my cut line.
Then i take 2 small zipties and put them about an 1/8" apart and tighten them as tight as possible.
Then i use a thin cut-off/zip disc in my small side/angle grinder and carefully cut between the zip ties,trying to keep the cut straight and 90 degrees to the hose
Then i carefully slide the zipties off the hose,and carefully rewrap the hose ends with about 2 wraps of tape,wound as tight as possible.
Then i install the fitting i want to use in the vise jaw set-up.
Then lightly spray the tape/hose end with WD40,and install it onto the fitting
Then while pushing the hose into the fitting i tighten it down,making sure it doesn't push out of the fitting.
After it's made up,i blow the inside of the line out with air,then i'll usually spray some brake clean into the hose,and blow it out again with air.
I won't say the way i do it,is the best way,but it works for me,and usually keeps the blood leakage to a minimium.
You could use a light 3n1 oil on the threads,but i find WD40 works good,and i usually have more spray bombs of WD40 laying around then spray bombs of 3n1 oil,even synthetic lube would work,just as long as you use something to lube the threads and internal hose end when you go to thread it together,so they don't push apart.
I'm a bit **** about hiding/disguising braided hoses so they aren't as obvious,and i've found good old hockey tape to be a close match to the factory tape,and i'll usually wrap the braided hose with hockey tape to disguise it
If anybody has any more or better tips to add,please feel free to add them,as i'm always open to more tips,and somebody might have a better way of making them up,then i do

Attachments

• IMG_4396 (2).JPG
    IMG_4396 (2).JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4400 (2).JPG
    IMG_4400 (2).JPG
    170.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4401 (2).JPG
    IMG_4401 (2).JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4404 (2).JPG
    IMG_4404 (2).JPG