And here I am...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnny_B-Good

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Let me introduce myself. I'm John, and I live in Quakertown PA. Be warned, I do have a very off the wall sense of humor, and I'm old. You have been warned. Anyway, like others (I'm sure), I've owned a few nice trucks in the past. But never a Mopar. I know, why the long wait? I don't know, cause this 2010 Dodge Laramie is absolutely one of the nicest trucks I ever owned. Not brand new (cause I seriously hate brand new). But I am one of those "blue oval" guys who have made the switch, and kinda digging it. This Laramie offers up some awesome features. And comforts too. AND (this is the best part), it has a HEMI with no tick! :)

I am a hands on guy. I mean, I work in the UAW, so I gotta be to some extent I suppose. I just started learning about all these mods and such to personalize your ride. And I am really liking that aspect of these trucks. The only mods thus far on my truck are upgraded LED high and low beams (and that all went without issue, so that makes me happy) (And no, 2000 lumens per led low beam, 4000 lumens per led high beam. Not into blinding other drivers). Added sequential mirror turn signals with puddle lights. That didn't go as planned. They're supposedly canbus friendly. But not fully. Alarm flashes are perfect. Courtesy lighting is awesome. 4 ways and turn signals, not so much. I hope to not have to add resistors as I've read some of those horror stories (melted plastic, fires, discolored body panels that the resistors were mounted against). These have a lifetime warranty, so it will get figured out somehow. Worst comes to worst, I'll make a small harness for each side that will allow these resistors to breathe a little in their own aluminum housing. If that has to happen, I'll document it and post it so it might help someone else down the road.

I've been running around the forums and reading up a bit here and there. Some of you guys are down right smart. From trial and error, or absolute know how. So I know I got some good advice on tap if ever needed.

Anyway, thanks for letting me hang out with you guys.

Oh and heads up, CB's are a topic I know a ton about. Haven't embarked on that adventure as yet. But it is on my list... :)

MartyZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 5.7l Hemi
Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you join us.

If you are going to be adding new components to your truck Alpha OBD and OBDLink will be well worth your money.
It allows you to turn on and off a lot of features disabled by the OEM due to your truck not having that particular equipment installed during production.
So far I've used mine to increase my tire diameter (37" tires) so my speedometer reads correctly, Set a lower window for my tire pressure warning, Enable my Tow Mirrors and mirror signals (Truck didn't have either option when built).

There are thousands of uses and options for customizing or enabling. You should check out the thread on it if you're interested:

Hope to see you around the forum! Congrats on making the switch.
I'm a firm believer of the saying "Mopar or no car" now.

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Welcome to RamForum.

OP
OP
Johnny_B-Good

Johnny_B-Good

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks Marty. I have looked into it. One issue I have with the sequential signals, the folks over at AlfaOBD already told me it's gonna be the resistor route cause they can't correct the issue I'm having (BCM I believe on a 2010). It's all good. There is always a resolve for a problem, no matter what. But I do plan on getting the 99 dollar OBD unit and then give some software/apps a shot to see what I can, and can't do. Not gonna get insane as I grabbed this truck for winter back and forth to work. But ya' know what, since grabbing this truck, I do see a beach run to the Carolinas in the near future. :)

OP
OP
Johnny_B-Good

Johnny_B-Good

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah buddy. You guys showing off these oh so sweet killer rides... I'm really digging it!

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Let me introduce myself. I'm John, and I live in Quakertown PA. Be warned, I do have a very off the wall sense of humor, and I'm old. You have been warned. Anyway, like others (I'm sure), I've owned a few nice trucks in the past. But never a Mopar. I know, why the long wait? I don't know, cause this 2010 Dodge Laramie is absolutely one of the nicest trucks I ever owned. Not brand new (cause I seriously hate brand new). But I am one of those "blue oval" guys who have made the switch, and kinda digging it. This Laramie offers up some awesome features. And comforts too. AND (this is the best part), it has a HEMI with no tick! :)

I am a hands on guy. I mean, I work in the UAW, so I gotta be to some extent I suppose. I just started learning about all these mods and such to personalize your ride. And I am really liking that aspect of these trucks. The only mods thus far on my truck are upgraded LED high and low beams (and that all went without issue, so that makes me happy) (And no, 2000 lumens per led low beam, 4000 lumens per led high beam. Not into blinding other drivers). Added sequential mirror turn signals with puddle lights. That didn't go as planned. They're supposedly canbus friendly. But not fully. Alarm flashes are perfect. Courtesy lighting is awesome. 4 ways and turn signals, not so much. I hope to not have to add resistors as I've read some of those horror stories (melted plastic, fires, discolored body panels that the resistors were mounted against). These have a lifetime warranty, so it will get figured out somehow. Worst comes to worst, I'll make a small harness for each side that will allow these resistors to breathe a little in their own aluminum housing. If that has to happen, I'll document it and post it so it might help someone else down the road.

I've been running around the forums and reading up a bit here and there. Some of you guys are down right smart. From trial and error, or absolute know how. So I know I got some good advice on tap if ever needed.

Anyway, thanks for letting me hang out with you guys.

Oh and heads up, CB's are a topic I know a ton about. Haven't embarked on that adventure as yet. But it is on my list... :)
:welcome:

OP
OP
Johnny_B-Good

Johnny_B-Good

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
2000 lumens low beams. Thats way bright. I would say blinding no?
When I was first looking to upgrade, I thought the same thing. Then I started looking at high end halogen. Osram makes a halogen that rates just over 2300 lumens. It is also considered an "off road bulb" by Osram. GE, megalight ultra, rates just over 2000 lumens. And they consider that bulb for on road usage. Couple other companies make halogen bulbs that rate right in around 2000 lumens for on road use. Only difference is, the LED produces a white, crisp clean light as opposed to the short lived halogen that quickly yellows and dims.

The pic is immediately after I installed the Lasfit (fanless direct fit plug and play) low beam LED's in my Laramie with factory quad reflectors. This was prior to any headlight adjustment. Lined the bulbs up on the garage door, and in the past 6 months, I am yet to be flashed by oncoming traffic. And my drive home from work is at night, on mountainous back roads with absolutely no street lighting for over 90% of the drive.

Attachments

• 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    48.3 KB · Views: 6

TommyTwoRams

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013/2017
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome aboard Johnny, I’ve only been on here a short time but have found it to be a very helpful forum with a lot of great people. I have to jump in the Kenworth and haul some a** but I’ll make sure I read all of the posts when I get home tonight. PS, I’m going to hit you up so you can lay some CB knowledge on me. Keep it dirty side down everyone ✌️

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963