Android Auto goes blank when showing map and other Uconnect issues...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Gibson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I've only had my truck (2019 1500) for less than a week, but when I plug my phone in (LG V30) and launch Android Auto and use Waze for maps, the maps show for a while, then the screen where just the map displays goes blank (black screen). I'll try with Google maps tomorrow to see if it does the same thing.

Also, I was actually able to use Google Assistant with my phone via bluetooth in my GM truck by holding down the VR button. I think Uconnect works with Siri that way, but why not Google Assistant?

ksn240

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've only had my truck (2019 1500) for less than a week, but when I plug my phone in (LG V30) and launch Android Auto and use Waze for maps, the maps show for a while, then the screen where just the map displays goes blank (black screen). I'll try with Google maps tomorrow to see if it does the same thing.

Also, I was actually able to use Google Assistant with my phone via bluetooth in my GM truck by holding down the VR button. I think Uconnect works with Siri that way, but why not Google Assistant?

I was having issues using Android Auto as well. It would show my location on the home screen as Sterling Heights. When I went to maps, it would pull up Detroit, Michigan instead of where i was at. Was getting pretty frustrated. Ended up changing the usb cord and I haven't had an issue since.

OP
OP
T

The Gibson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I was having issues using Android Auto as well. It would show my location on the home screen as Sterling Heights. When I went to maps, it would pull up Detroit, Michigan instead of where i was at. Was getting pretty frustrated. Ended up changing the usb cord and I haven't had an issue since.

I wish I could blame my cable, but it worked perfectly for 18 months in my old truck.

HEMI_Finn

U.S. ARMY Veteran
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I'm wondering if it could be the Waze app itself? Thursday we were on our way home from Myrtle Beach, SC and we were using Waze. It glitched so many times that we finally turned it off. Just something to think about.

ksn240

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I wish I could blame my cable, but it worked perfectly for 18 months in my old truck.

I would still try it. My cable was fine in my old truck and I never had a problem, but it didn't like the 2019 for some reason. The cable seemed to have a small short near where it plugged into my phone.

Could be something else. Try a reboot of your phone. Hope you can get it working. That's the unfortunate thing of getting a new truck so early. There always seems to be a few small kinks. I've had my share of them, luckily none of them were too big if an issue.

Fox Keri

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 Hemi
I have a 2018 Ram.....i get the audio from Waze and when i ask waze to say, go home....it does register on my truck's maps.....but it uses the audio from Waze but google maps so i don't see police traps or hazards etc. I use a Galaxy S9 with waze bluetoothed to the truck. The Verizon guy suspects the trucks may need an update to use waze maps.....odd since everything worked PERFECT when I had a Galaxy S5 with the same truck. Most Youtube videos say they get an option to use the google map or can opt for the Waze map.....i get no such option

Fox Keri

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 Hemi
Odd....just out of curiousity and after 2 days of trying, it works now....i think all i did was restart my phone. Incidentally I HAVE to connect with my truck via cable....otherwise i will get audio only via bluetooth....i'm at a loss as to why its suddenly working....the Verizon guy is a car dealer too and couldn't get the map to work.