Another one bites the dust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

SouthernGorilla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
20220317_082231.jpg
20220317_082925.jpg

Preliminary word from the insurance company is that it should actually be repairable just based on the age and mileage. But they do need to get a field adjuster to look at it to assess the level of damage.

14 Lonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did someone run you off the road?

14 Lonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wow, good thing the police where right there when it happened. We’re you hurt?

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Damn that looked like a wild ride! Glad you kept it rubber side down.

And no way, that thing is 100% a write off. Good timing with the used market being so damn hot too LOL.

How are you feeling? Bit sore I would imagine. Airbags go off?

Crazy there was a police officer sitting there too.

OP
OP
S

SouthernGorilla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hah! The adjuster who is going to look at the truck told me the system was VERY optimistic when it said the truck should be repairable. The thing only goes off mileage and whether the airbags deployed. She said when I tell her that part of a crossmember is now laying in the bed she doesn't really need to see the truck to know it's going to be totaled. The only reason to look at it will be to assess the overall condition to get a value so they can cut me a check.

OP
OP
S

SouthernGorilla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Damn that looked like a wild ride! Glad you kept it rubber side down.

And no way, that thing is 100% a write off. Good timing with the used market being so damn hot too LOL.

How are you feeling? Bit sore I would imagine. Airbags go off?

Crazy there was a police officer sitting there too.
I'm a bit stiff, but no pains or bruises. It was actually a pretty smooth ride. But I was convinced I was going to roll. Yeah, it's going to be scrapped. Only question is how much I'll get for it. Hoping it's at least enough to pay cash for something else.

Cop in the video didn't see the hit... said he was trying to figure out what I was doing. Hah!

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hah! The adjuster who is going to look at the truck told me the system was VERY optimistic when it said the truck should be repairable. The thing only goes off mileage and whether the airbags deployed. She said when I tell her that part of a crossmember is now laying in the bed she doesn't really need to see the truck to know it's going to be totaled. The only reason to look at it will be to assess the overall condition to get a value so they can cut me a check.
It looks like dang near every panel is wrinkled or dented. So, paint and blend the whole dang thing, structural damage, suspension damage... Think you need to be prepared to say good bye my friend. Not sure I would want to have it fixed myself either.

Definitely let us know though.

I need to get a damn dash cam installed. I keep meaning to but just keep procrastinating.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm a bit stiff, but no pains or bruises. It was actually a pretty smooth ride. But I was convinced I was going to roll. Yeah, it's going to be scrapped. Only question is how much I'll get for it. Hoping it's at least enough to pay cash for something else.

Cop in the video didn't see the hit... said he was trying to figure out what I was doing. Hah!
I am shocked it didn't roll either man! I think you should make out okay on that. Honestly, with the way the used market is you might be getting a surprisingly large check for this one. The cost to replace the thing is so high right now.

Bummer though for sure! Make sure to mention all of the aftermarket parts like stereo and wheels. I had to write a truck off years ago and their insurance added the cost of wheels, tires and all sorts of stuff without even haggling with them. Funny enough, my tires were days old when I got into that accident too. Brand new set of Michelin tires went to the scrap yard haha.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
That is exactly how I lost my R/T........some stupid cow in a Pilot tried to blow a yellow left arrow across traffic and plowed me into other people. Glad you're ok.

Recoil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It sucks that this happened... The main thing is that you are OK.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Did the other driver stick around? One would think the video evidence would support a failure to yield charge.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
YIKES!!! I'm very glad to hear that you're alright. Best of luck with the insurance company, I hope they do right by you.

You've definitely convinced me to look into getting a 360 camera and DVR put into my truck as well. I've had a few close calls and have been lucky but the law of averages will catch up some day, especially out here on I-5.

randyr6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
Glad your OK-The other guy is either blind, has no brakes and or shouldn't be driving---he had clear vision for a good distance. Remember with today's social movement his is only responsible for the few scratches he put on your truck, everything else you did and cannot blame him for, you should have had better control. At least that's how people seem to think nowadays. It's never their fault. UGH
Really glad your OK-Really could have turned ugly when you hit the divider. Hope you make out really well with the payout.

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
Ouch…..glad your ok, trucks can be fixed.

See if you can’t get a new set of tires from it as well. Not a whole lot of meat left. Must have happened as a result :waytogo:

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Damn, that sucks. Glad you are OK.

You have to watch yourself, big trucks are hard to see. Person had to be on their cellphone and/or stoned.

If that car had turned a second or two sooner, you would've run over the top of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357