Any ideas where I can find the rear driveshaft?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zombietruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L V8
This is crazy. Can not find this part, or even the entire driveshaft if I must. nobody has one locally, can't find it on line. WTF? :banghead:

any ideas?

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
I just posted the front DS part number in the other thread you posted in. What DS are you looking for?

OP
OP
Z

zombietruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L V8
I don't have a part number, can't find the part anywhere. why is the front available and not the rear? crazy!

can you see my sig line? that is the truck. just in case I will copy it here - 1999 DODGE RAM 1500 PICKUP 5.2L V8 2WD 2 door ext cab "Base" in dk blue/purple/blackish sun-faded dodge paint

shaftman_05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is yours missing? There are a fee places around me that will build them. Either with your old yokes or new but more costly.

OP
OP
Z

zombietruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L V8
yeah there is a place in Tucson that will do it but I am 60 miles east of there and had this fantasy I could just order it. Ha!

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
I need the wheel base of the truck.

OP
OP
Z

zombietruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L V8
no idea, is it in the VIN code? where can I find it?

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
I can't get a definitive part number at this time so sorry and I sure don't want to give you the wrong part number.

shaftman_05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I may be able to get you numbers... Have you tried the dealer?

Usually they can give you a part number at least from your Vin.

OP
OP
Z

zombietruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L V8
Heh! This has gone beyond where can I find the part to WHY can't I find the part. Does the front driveshaft fail more than the rear? why aren't there any of these available and if they are why are they so hard to find? I know dodges can be difficult in terms of expense and needing special tools but this is ridiculous!

Will try some dealers today, just out of curiosity and the partner is on wrecker yard detail. Looks like we may have to have one made. Strange!

Thanks for the help so far y'all, keep 'em coming and if anybody has one for sale...

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
I will be calling the Dodge dearler here in a bit for you. I have three driveshafts here and I know two would fit your truck, I know how long it needs to be but getting a part number has not been easy.

OP
OP
Z

zombietruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L V8
Dealer Update (in case anybody else runs into this problem) this driveshaft has been discontinued and even when it was available you had to buy both parts and the price was well over $700.

holy crap! I was figuring a couple hundred AT THE MOST for this thing, new!

OP
OP
Z

zombietruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L V8
I will be calling the Dodge dearler here in a bit for you. I have three driveshafts here and I know two would fit your truck, I know how long it needs to be but getting a part number has not been easy.

I sure appreciate your looking into this! Let me know what you find out. I will be in and out today so may not reply right away but I am interested if the shipping doesn't kill it.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Just so you have it 60" weld to weld is the length of that rear DS.