Anybody gone with a rollpan bumper on your 4th gen recently?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BobSacomano

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
About 3 months ago I became aware of two spots of rust on the rear bumper of my Express (the only rust on my truck, creeping out from under the plastic guard on top) and I've been thinking about what to do about it... I've loved rollpan bumpers for a long time, and I searched the forum... found this 6 year old thread about it... and this one from earlier this spring... just wondering if there have been any good recent threads/builds on doing the rollpan on the 4th Gen? Anybody got feedback?

My truck is brilliant black, so if I can get away with installing a rollpan bumper that will look good with minimal (or no) bodywork, I'll totally go that way before anything else. Are there bolt-on rollpans that look good? Does that exist?

I'm aware the factory hitch needs to get removed. Also, I have the Pentastar, so hopefully that means less headache with trimming the exhaust and/or bumper?

What else do I need to know? What would you recommend?

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
That's a pretty slick roll pan. I had one on my 97 GMC way back when, but it was fiberglass and tucked in between the opening for the bumper and didn't come around to the outside of the bed like those do.

The GMC had the fiberglass roll pan riveted to the box.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I hate my back bumper but really dont want to buy a 4x4 bumper, I've been considering bumpershellz. I think guys who are chopped will want something a little better, but for a simple guy who wants to get that chrome look off it might be worth it.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
LOL
a roll pan may look nice
But i have a big Olive tree that must hate rear bumpers
The tree is 2 for 2 with both of my Rams