Anyone Added Rear Footwell Lighting?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
But I think in 2017 or 18 they stopped putting that harness and rear well harness to save a buck :O The harness's were both on my 2015

PaleFlyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
But I think in 2017 or 18 they stopped putting that harness and rear well harness to save a buck :O The harness's were both on my 2015
my MY18 has the hood light harness equipped where expected, and live. I have seen the rear foot light harness on the support brackets for the rear seats of my Rebel Crew cab. I think they might have started to do different wiring harnesses in the late 4th gens, to save money on the cheaper trucks. From what I have seen, I likely can get my Rebel pretty much fully kitted as a Limited, with out pulling too many wires.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
my MY18 has the hood light harness equipped where expected, and live. I have seen the rear foot light harness on the support brackets for the rear seats of my Rebel Crew cab. I think they might have started to do different wiring harnesses in the late 4th gens, to save money on the cheaper trucks. From what I have seen, I likely can get my Rebel pretty much fully kitted as a Limited, with out pulling too many wires.
I was lucky line had both harness ! Now to find 2 better lights lol

PaleFlyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was lucky line had both harness ! Now to find 2 better lights lol
I was cleaning the truck last night, and looked at the rear seat harness, and noticed not just a simple 2 wire plug, but actually what looked like a 6 wire plug, but only 5 in use. (Passenger rear crew cab).

Now I need to figure out what all 5 wires are for...

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I was cleaning the truck last night, and looked at the rear seat harness, and noticed not just a simple 2 wire plug, but actually what looked like a 6 wire plug, but only 5 in use. (Passenger rear crew cab).

Now I need to figure out what all 5 wires are for...
If I remember I only had 2 wires, as for what the 5 wires are for I have no clue! I tested my wires with a meter and picked up a package of pins and a couple sockets off E Bay...

PaleFlyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If I remember I only had 2 wires, as for what the 5 wires are for I have no clue! I tested my wires with a meter and picked up a package of pins and a couple sockets off E Bay...

The extras are likely for rear seat warmers.