Anyone available to pickup a dually bed in Boise and bring it to Sacramento?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
He is 17, my limit on today's ram music is one hour.

Then how about a quiet convo on what he plans to do with his future or what colleges he’s looking at. Lots of stuff to talk about. I talked my son into going into the fbi after he got out of the military. That was on a road trip. He’s a special agent now.
Ya never know what these youngsters have on their minds these days.

I love my truck!
Blue Mule 18 Ram 4x4 C/C
Tradesman Power Wagon

OP
OP
circuitguy

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Tradesman Regular Cab
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Then how about a quiet convo on what he plans to do with his future or what colleges he’s looking at. Lots of stuff to talk about. I talked my son into going into the fbi after he got out of the military. That was on a road trip. He’s a special agent now.
Ya never know what these youngsters have on their minds these days.

I love my truck!
Blue Mule 18 Ram 4x4 C/C
Tradesman Power Wagon

I do love to hang around with him, he is my best buddy. Our drives are always fun, we have a lot in common and enjoy a lot of the same things. I know he will go with me and I would look forward to it. Like I said though the problem is the rap music, not the kid. :)

McBroom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I do love to hang around with him, he is my best buddy. Our dives are always fun, we have a lot in common and enjoy a lot of the same things. I know he will go with me and I would looks forward to it. Like I said though the problem is the rap music, not the kid. :)

Turn off the radio. Let him help drive if he’s got his license.

I love my truck!
Blue Mule 18 Ram 4x4 C/C
Tradesman Power Wagon

OP
OP
circuitguy

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Turn off the radio. Let him help drive if he’s got his license.

I love my truck!
Blue Mule 18 Ram 4x4 C/C
Tradesman Power Wagon

No license yet but if he has to he will drive ok.

McBroom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Teaching moment. Chill time in the passenger seat. Lol

I love my truck!
Blue Mule 18 Ram 4x4 C/C
Tradesman Power Wagon

predat-r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
Was thinking about it, maybe a few years from now maybe even on a different truck. Till then I will just store it in the garage.

A Ram regular cab short bed dually, the truck Dodge never made. Guaranteed to turn every head!

View attachment 167927
One that is sexy

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

predat-r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
Now in wondering if it comes in a 6.4!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity
Was thinking about it, maybe a few years from now maybe even on a different truck. Till then I will just store it in the garage.

A Ram regular cab short bed dually, the truck Dodge never made. Guaranteed to turn every head!

View attachment 167927
Just out of curiosity have you ever drove a dual rear wheel pickup before? They might have a certain cool factor but they ride like ****, handle like ****, eat tires like an SOB and are a PITA to park and last but not least they're not fun to drive on tight roads. Not trying to **** on your parade just presenting a few facts after having drove one for many miles.

OP
OP
circuitguy

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Just out of curiosity

Just out of curiosity have you ever drove a dual rear wheel pickup before? They might have a certain cool factor but they ride like ****, handle like ****, eat tires like an SOB and are a PITA to park and last but not least they're not fun to drive on tight roads. Not trying to **** on your parade just presenting a few facts after having drove one for many miles.

Yes, I had a 97 GMC Crew Cab Dually about ten tears ago. I restored her like new. I enjoyed driving it especially on the highway for long drives. That bad boy really turned heads, was slammed, had a big ass and drove like a Cadillac. Yes it was slow motion around town and I could not use any drive threw in town but it was a very cool truck. Defiantly not a daily driver. It was just too big to keep at the house so I had to let it go, I do miss that truck. :(

DSC02963B.jpg

View attachment 168046

DSC02966.JPG

DSC02958.JPG

DSC02964.JPG

DSC02969.JPG

Last edited:

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, I had a 97 GMC Crew Cab Dually about ten tears ago. I restored her like new. I enjoyed driving it especially on the highway for long drives. That bad boy really turned heads, was slammed, had a big ass and drove like a Cadillac. Yes it was slow motion around town and I could not use any drive threw in town but it was a very cool truck. Defiantly not a daily driver. It was just too big to keep at the house so I had to let it go, I do miss that truck. :(

View attachment 168045

View attachment 168046

View attachment 168047

View attachment 168048

View attachment 168049

View attachment 168050
That is a fine looking truck! I always loved that body style GM truck and owned a couple myself although mine were all RCSB trucks. We have a LWB crew cab SRW F350 at work and its definitely a monster to drive and park so I know what you mean there. I think your ole Chevy 3500 probably still looks better than any modern RAM or Ford big trucks although my RAM is still the best all around modern truck I've ever owned. Was she powered by a 454 or 6.5 diesel? I imagine feeding her was an expensive proposition living in California.

OP
OP
circuitguy

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
That is a fine looking truck! I always loved that body style GM truck and owned a couple myself although mine were all RCSB trucks. We have a LWB crew cab SRW F350 at work and its definitely a monster to drive and park so I know what you mean there. I think your ole Chevy 3500 probably still looks better than any modern RAM or Ford big trucks although my RAM is still the best all around modern truck I've ever owned. Was she powered by a 454 or 6.5 diesel? I imagine feeding her was an expensive proposition living in California.

Big block 454, about 8 miles to a gallon. I will say that as for all the dually truck and all the years the 97 Chevy and GMC had the best looking body style and looked the best dropped. But that was the past, I did have my time to enjoy it.

Woody1

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I'll be heading down late June, from Boise to Sacramento.

I wasn't planning on bringing a trailer, but I can...

Message me and we can talk

bbj02270

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

View attachment 167927
Yep, turn their heads as they puke at that monstrosity. [emoji16] Not for me.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
circuitguy

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Yep, turn their heads as they puke at that monstrosity. [emoji16] Not for me.

Are you one of those that go forum to forum talking crap about anything and everything so you can try to get a rise out of everybody? If so that kind of ******** is not welcome here. Please move on!

bbj02270

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Are you one of those that go forum to forum talking crap about anything and everything so you can try to get a rise out of everybody? If so that kind of ******** is not welcome here. Please move on!
No. Generally I don't say anything & no, I'm not trying to agitate. I guess I was feeling a little salty & gave my opinion, which like a@@holes, everyone has one. I see things done to vehicles that I think are blasphemous against the modification industry. One, of course is the ,empty, squatted rear of a lifted truck, but your money, your project. I don't have to approve of your choice but I also don't have to lie about my approval & heap praise upon it. My apologies if you were overly offended, I just gave my opinion. Good day.

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
He is 17, my limit on today's ram music is one hour.

my son and I are doing about the same length round trip this summer. He is 21. I could say my truck, my music but that's not really fair. I know he listens to a lot of r & b urban pop and urban which I can handle. My daughters hip hop and rap. NOPE.