Anyone have a color wrap on their truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ed F

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I’m investigating putting a silver wrap on the lower body to give a two tone look to my blue Express. Right now most shops are closed so I can’t get much info but has anyone done something similar? If so, costs and would you do it again? Durability?

BobSacomano

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
I’m investigating putting a silver wrap on the lower body to give a two tone look to my blue Express. Right now most shops are closed so I can’t get much info but has anyone done something similar? If so, costs and would you do it again? Durability?

I don't have any experience with wraps, but a blue/silver theme sounds like it would look amazing.

OP
OP
Ed F

Ed F

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't have any experience with wraps, but a blue/silver theme sounds like it would look amazing.

I’ve seen pics on the web of similar color schemes and they look real good to me. Never a real truck. For me the Express is too much blue. I’d rather have chrome bumpers.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I’ve seen pics on the web of similar color schemes and they look real good to me. Never a real truck. For me the Express is too much blue. I’d rather have chrome bumpers.
see I had a 2011 Express, and now two Bighorns, 2015 and 2019 Classic...I love the monotone Express/Sport. Dunno why I did a Bihorn a second time...wanted a Night version

BobSacomano

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
I used to own a Ford Flex and I saw plenty of them with a two-tone blue and silver theme, and they looked sweet.

OP
OP
Ed F

Ed F

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Burstingbb, I do like your color. I wouldn’t have picked this blue myself. It was my brother’s truck. He owned it for 6 months and realized he was a Ford guy. Sat in his garage for almost a year until he needed the space. Believe it or not 90% of my trucks have been white.

Razzman

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited CCSB
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I bought mine not 100% sure I liked the two tone but the deal was so good i didn't care. Shortly after I realized how much it had grown on me, virtually every RAM i saw was monotone and mine stood out. Wouldn't change it now, the silver and chrome blend well. If this SIP ever ends my new Fuel wheels and MGP caliper covers will go on.

truck_side.jpg

OP
OP
Ed F

Ed F

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Razzman, hard to tell on my screen. Is that black and silver?

Razzman

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited CCSB
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Maximum Steel / Bright Silver Metallic. It's blue/gray metallic color shifting, real cool color. Sometimes it's looks blue, blue gray or dark gray

Burstingbb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Maximum Steel / Bright Silver Metallic. It's blue/gray metallic color shifting, real cool color. Sometimes it's looks blue, blue gray or dark gray

Yeah those color shifting colors are cool. Mine does the same in different light. In low light it looks almost dark burgandy and in the sun it looks candy apple

00100trPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200412154425800_COVER.jpg

OP
OP
Ed F

Ed F

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
burstingbb, what kind of lift are you running?

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Curious to see the results if you do it. I preferred the 2 tone on my old truck vs the monotone I have now20190404_145718.jpg

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Yes. That's my old truck the day I sold it.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Whenever I’m looking for a truck I never see one that nice...
Thanks. The interior looked just as good, but it was starting to nickel and dime me a bit keeping it up to my standards with 270,000 km on it.20181117_084751.jpg

ColdRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have a color shift wrap on my 3500. Had since new now have 90K miles on it. I live in AK and live 2 miles of gravel off of paved road. It has held up well and still looks great. But you need to protect it you are going to put it on lower panels. I have Avery Dennison wrap with a lot of the rock and mud areas including the full front end covered by Expel paint protection film over those areas. I wash it by han often. Must be careful about care no chemicals or brush type car washes. I have had several wrapped vehicles and they hold up fine. Installation is key. Top of the line fabric for a truck around $ 750+, installation ? A lot of work is in surface preparation and in panel preparation ( removing trim etc. ).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk