Anyone keep a fire extinguisher in there truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mason mank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Curious if anyone does and if so where do you keep it/have it mounted in cab? Been considering keeping one in each of my vehicles but not sure where to keep it so it isnt just rolling around the cab. Pics are a plus!

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I keep one under the back seat, it just sits in the middle. I have enough stuff(tools, towels, jacket, etc) under the seats that it doesn't slide sideways. I can pull it out from the driver's side by popping up that side back seat.
A fire extinguisher for a car is almost a lost cause, it may work if you catch it quick enough and depending on where the fire is.

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have always kept at least one fire extinguisher in every vehicle I have ever owned. In my regular cab, I have sitting in the rear tray with a couple of velcro straps to the carpeted back wall. Stays n place very well.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I keep one under in my toolbox along with some recovery equipment.
Reason being...
I was in my 18 wheeler on I75 just crossed into Ga from Fl saw a car on fire. Me and my brother both stopped to help.
We used both of our extinguisher and still couldn’t get it out. Come to find out a woman had poured about 5 gallons of gas on herself and baby. Suicide by fire.
That’s when I learned that an extinguisher will not break glass. We were too late anyhow. They were both dead.
So I always keep a fire extinguisher and a bfh together in the truck.

The Blue Mule

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
I keep mine under the rear, driver's side seat. Haven't had a need to use it yet, but all it takes is once to make it worth while.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have a small rubbermaid tote with road flares, first aid kit, fire extinguisher, spill kit and a few other things I keep in the bed of the truck in case of emergency.

wgreggking

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4x4 offroad
Engine
Co-workers ford van caught fire while we were standing by it. opened hood grabbed a large fire extinguisher, inside a building 50 ft away, someone else had one too, subdued the fire to a smolder, van was totaled anyway. Still good to have one, maybe to put out a person on fire.

quickster2

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Laramie 2500 4 X 4
Engine
6.4L
My truck came with the Ram road side kit which includes a fire extinguisher. Never know when the opportunity comes to help someone out.

mikegrook

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
Curious if anyone does and if so where do you keep it/have it mounted in cab? Been considering keeping one in each of my vehicles but not sure where to keep it so it isnt just rolling around the cab. Pics are a plus!
I have Drive on beach permits and one of the required items is a fire extinguisher, So that is a yes

Midnight Storm

One Badass Ram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Reason being...
I was in my 18 wheeler on I75 just crossed into Ga from Fl saw a car on fire. Me and my brother both stopped to help.
We used both of our extinguisher and still couldn’t get it out. Come to find out a woman had poured about 5 gallons of gas on herself and baby. Suicide by fire.
That’s when I learned that an extinguisher will not break glass. We were too late anyhow. They were both dead.

The Blue Mule
Sorry you had that happen to you. Not a cool situation to be in

nwsewell

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have 2 in my truck right now. One on each side of the truck under the rear seats, behind my sub box.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Toddbigboytruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I keep a 5 lbs ABC in the back of the truck WITH THE FIRST AID kit I have always carry a fire extinguishers, one time I had to use it on a car fire. I don’t have flares yet. Don’t really know where to get them any ideals. The ones I had were old.

Also what else do you carry.

68D297BA-6E5B-4727-9FFD-C154A3D854AD.jpeg

PaulTGarrett

Grumpy old man
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 Cummins Turbo Diesel
I keep an ABC extinguisher under the driver's-side rear seat, 5lb ABC in the tool box.

Toddbigboytruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I keep an ABC extinguisher under the driver's-side rear seat, 5lb ABC in the tool box.
Lol I wish I could it is full with tools a rain coat. Gloves. I was thinking of adding a 2.5 at on the floor beneath the power seat controller so you open the door bam there it is I already have 3dmag light there.

bassheadhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have 5lbs ABC inside a Rubbermaid tote in the bed. Also have recovery strap, shackles, tool kit, booster cable, shovel, traction aid in the same box.

In the truck I have flashlights, boosterpack, towing stuff, ratchet straps, bungee cords, multi-tool, first-aid kit and a blanket

About the multi-tool, I found out that it can get me in trouble. If it have a locking blade (like mine does) it's treated like a lock knife. Where I live I'm ok, but for example if I go to the US, in the New York state it's illegal to own one if you are a non-US citizen. Now I can legally have a baseball bat in the truck... Just keep a baseball ball and glove in the truck to eliminate the suspicion of what you really want to do with it and for extra point put a sock of your favorite baseball team over the bat.

Punishher7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Reason being...

The Blue Mule

That had to be very sad to see. Killing yourself is one thing, but setting a child on fire is hard to fathom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
I always used to have a little halon unit in each vehicle that fit under the seat. When I moved to Alaska, it seemed that during the winter I'd forget to take it out and it freezing for some reason would screw them up so haven't carried one since. I am back down south now so I should start carrying them again. Thanks for reminding me.....

TSR6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have one mounted to my bed right inside the tailgate using 2 heavy duty magnets. Even with the hardest braking, it's never come loose. I'd probably have to be in a collusion for it to come loose.