Anyone Ordered a TRX?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fireman48

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 New body style
Engine
5.7. HEMI
A cool truck for sure but I can't bite 90k for that kinda truck unless it's a HD Diesel working truck. That's go fast horsepower and I'm staying focused on a wide body Hellcat for 25k less.
Enjoy it though. It will be a cool truck.

BuggyMasters

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got one coming! Would have loved to have had the engine as an option in a “conventional” Ram but I’ll take it in any form they have. Should be a lot of fun. I’ll not likely ever actually take it off-road but will be fun in any fashion.

Hemiwill

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi of course
There going to have a little problem though. As you can buy the crate motor for 19,500 from ram-dodge Which I have in my 2013 ram

Moparfanatic21

U.S. Marine Vet - 0321, Now a Doctor...of Vehicles
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ordered a launch edition

gzig5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
There going to have a little problem though. As you can buy the crate motor for 19,500 from ram-dodge Which I have in my 2013 ram

There is a lot more difference on a TRX than just the motor over a standard chassis RAM. Especially if you were to use it as intended, off road. You can get a take out Hellcat motor for ~10-12k if you look. Those things seem to crash pretty often. I almost bought one for my 73 Cuda restoration and that project prevented me from being able to justify a TRX when I got my new truck this year.

jester139

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just bit the bullet and ordered one for 83k MSRP. Not launch edition, no tire carrier, no TRX stickers,.no carbon fiber, no beadlocks. Just option group 2, bed liner, running boards, sunroof, and bed cover.

This is the first vehicle in my life that I've paid MSRP, and I've had a bunch. I just bought a 2020 Power Wagon in March, so got a good COVID deal. Power Wagon is great and all, but rides super rough on CO concrete slab roads and we lose 20% HP at 5280' naturally aspirated, and I could find any PCM mods etc so not in love with the PW.

I think for the money, what it is and has installed on it, it is not obscene. Not saying it is cheap, but try and buy a well optioned crew cab, then lift it, put 35's on it, exhaust, PCM, tuner, CAI, and your into it for quit a bit. Next add a Hellcat, then an upgraded transmission, upgraded shocks, and then a beefed up suspension and frame. I have clearly convinced myself it is not so bad.

I will be ripping it at Moab and trying to recreate the teaser videos, and a run or two at Bandamere is in its future. Supposed to get it in DEC/JAN.

OP
OP
GRN69CHV

GRN69CHV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I go to the Ram configurator, what becomes evident is, the truck that matches my needs /wants best is a Rebel with the Hemi , leather seats and upgraded sound system. Next up, would be a base TRX.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I just bit the bullet and ordered one for 83k MSRP. Not launch edition, no tire carrier, no TRX stickers,.no carbon fiber, no beadlocks. Just option group 2, bed liner, running boards, sunroof, and bed cover.

That's basically the way I would have ordered it. Except the sunroof.

I think for the money, what it is and has installed on it, it is not obscene. Not saying it is cheap, but try and buy a well optioned crew cab, then lift it, put 35's on it, exhaust, PCM, tuner, CAI, and your into it for quit a bit. Next add a Hellcat, then an upgraded transmission, upgraded shocks, and then a beefed up suspension and frame. I have clearly convinced myself it is not so bad.

Pretty much no way you could build the SAME truck for the same money. It's not just motor, a lift kit and tires. I mean, the FRAME is "custom" compared to a mere mortal RAM. Never mind everything else...

OTOH, like someone else mentioned - wish they had offered the motor in a "regular" RAM.

As (I think) I mentioned earlier in this thread, my biggest turn-off is that it's only available in the CC57. If they offered it in QC64 I'd have a harder time saying no. I'd even co sider a CC64... Although the payload and towing capacity do come into question.

However, now realizing that the CC57 and QC64 have different frame lengths, I can see why they are offering only one variant, since the frame is NOT the same as a RAM that walks on earth. I'm sure they did their market research and found that people who play off-road want more seats and less cargo area. My loss.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
When I go to the Ram configurator, what becomes evident is, the truck that matches my needs /wants best is a Rebel with the Hemi , leather seats and upgraded sound system. Next up, would be a base TRX.

Don't tell me you can get a Rebel WITHOUT a Hemi?!!

By the way my biggest gripe with the Rebel is the grill. I think it's horrifying. If somehow I ever ended up with one I would tear it off and run around without a grill unless/until I could find a substitute.

But, diversity is what makes the world go 'round.

jester139

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's basically the way I would have ordered it. Except the sunroof.

Pretty much no way you could build the SAME truck for the same money. It's not just motor, a lift kit and tires. I mean, the FRAME is "custom" compared to a mere mortal RAM. Never mind everything else...

OTOH, like someone else mentioned - wish they had offered the motor in a "regular" RAM.

As (I think) I mentioned earlier in this thread, my biggest turn-off is that it's only available in the CC57. If they offered it in QC64 I'd have a harder time saying no. I'd even co sider a CC64... Although the payload and towing capacity do come into question.

However, now realizing that the CC57 and QC64 have different frame lengths, I can see why they are offering only one variant, since the frame is NOT the same as a RAM that walks on earth. I'm sure they did their market research and found that people who play off-road want more seats and less cargo area. My loss.

It may seem odd, but I never fully open my sunroof but I always have it tilted up as a vent. My wife had a 1500 with no sunroof and I could feel the heat just hanging in there, so I always get them.

Also, I use my crew cab a ton for hauling stuff with the seats down, gear, dogs, kids, etc. I haven't told my wife yet, and my PW is black, so waiting to see if she even notices.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
It may seem odd, but I never fully open my sunroof but I always have it tilted up as a vent. My wife had a 1500 with no sunroof and I could feel the heat just hanging in there, so I always get them.

I find a half open sliding rear window and a cracked drivers' window does wonders for circulation. And of course if it gets really nasty (like, above 80° or so) the A/C brings it back to human-tolerable levels.

When I want open-topped driving, I hop in my Boxster (S).

Dakota2020

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I understand the hype, and the appeal, but I just can’t fathom spending 90k+ or even 70k+ on any vehicle. I’ll wait 10 years and maybe buy one of yours because I know it’ll be well taken care of!! That is, if in ten years from now we’ll all be forced by then to drive electric.

audiophile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Little jelly. Have to post some vids of that beast! Congrats!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk