Anyone use this catch can?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rlaf75

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey Guys, I am pretty new to the Ram world . This girl here loves doing new mods to my truck. Reading your post about catch cans I have to ask the question .. Do you recommend me adding it to my truck, is it functional as far as serving a real service to my 5.7 Hemi ? I have a 19 1500 4x4 Laramie.
From what I gathered through my research I found that yes it does exactly what they say they do. I just put it on the ram last sunday but I'm going to check it this weekend to kinda gauge how often I'll need to empty the can. When I removed the factory hard plastic hose I did notice that oil residue was in fact traveling through it so I'd imagine I should already have a few drops in the new can this weekend. My thought behind the cans is, if it catches anything, its preventing that much more oil from getting burned in the combustion chamber so that is a plus

MontanaHandyman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
can you snap a picture of where you jury rigged it to the firewall please
I just used some zip ties to hold it in place, and the heavy duty hose I bought from Napa actually keeps it from bouncing around.

Attachments

• 20220407_140723.jpg
    20220407_140723.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 31

jr27236

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey Guys, I am pretty new to the Ram world . This girl here loves doing new mods to my truck. Reading your post about catch cans I have to ask the question .. Do you recommend me adding it to my truck, is it functional as far as serving a real service to my 5.7 Hemi ? I have a 19 1500 4x4 Laramie.
YES! This thing works great. Unreal how much oil is dropped in here that otherwise coats the valve stems. I was on the highway once when it looked like I blew my engine with the amount of white smoke that came out of the exhaust. It turned out it was the build up on the exhaust valves that let go and into the exhaust and burned up. Plus my throttle body was so coated with cooked on oil residue.
This one that I purchased on eBay came with real quality heavy duty good year hoses, not the flimsy junk others speak of thankfully.

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I purchased one from @Nick@GotExhaust, the UPR.

I did some research, not just here but other places.

Was it more than $20 amazon one? Yes.
Does come with quality parts as he mentioned above, easy to install.
There is of course a lot of marketing BS.

He gave good price, and has always been helpfully even I didn't purchase anything from him.

Been using it for about 3-4 weeks now. Only issue I have with it. I've added S&B CAI and they don't like each other.

I also purchased the drain kit with it. But haven't added it yet.