anyone with pix of their lifts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

inktoxicated

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ive been saving for a lift and i almost have enough. the decision between BDS 4 and 6 inch lift its driving me nuts. ill be running 20x10 -24 fuels on 35x12.5x20 nitto trailgraps. Ive been googling for months and some 06-08 rams lifted 6' on 35s look great, others look odd( like to much wheel gap) I havent seen any 06-08 rams with the 4' lift except one youtube video and it looks good. it looks like it fits the 35s nicely. according to bds with my 20x10 -24 4' kit would work but i would rub a lot. how is that possible when i see people running 35s with just a front level? the 4' kit lifts the rear 3' and the front a true 4'. i just dont want 35s with 20s look to small with the 6'. now im assuming the 4 and the 6 bds kits are exactly the same with the only diffreinces being the rear block and the front spacer. if anyone has pix of there lifts can you please post it. everytime i look at my stock ram it already looks like it sits high compared to other trucks and i try mentally invisioning it being 4 inchs higher in the rear and 6 in front and it seems way to high for 35s. i just cant understand why a 4 inch lift wouldnt fit according to bds.

heres the link of the 4' kit.. not bds but still 4' i honeslty think the 35s fit nicer on this then alot of the 6' kits i see.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoiukVRwUiw

DodgeGirl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi Sport
I can't help you out with the difference between the 2 lifts but I have 20s on 35x12.5x20 trail grapplers and I am only leveled 2.5" and they fit fine. If you're thinking about a 4" bds lift I can't see how you'd have problems with rubbing like they're saying. Mine only seem to rub on the mud flaps at full lock but nothing else. If you go with the 4" I'd keep 35s, that will look great. If you choose to go the 6" route then id definitely do 37s. 6" is a lot and gives you quite a bit of room to work with. The last thing you'd want is to wish you got bigger tires. Good luck! I'm sure someone will chime in shortly and help you out with the difference of those 2. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
inktoxicated

inktoxicated

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
thanks dodge girl, yea thats what im sayin' people with levels seem to get away with 35s i dont know why bds is saying ill have rubbing with a 4 inch lift. can i see pix of ur 20s on ur level. anyone with 35s with lift piX?

Davy120

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Torsion lift with 35s no block out back just 2500 leafs
Sent from my MAN CAVE using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1358103461187.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358103461187.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 235

Davy120

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If i actually did a lift i would go with zone (less expensive bds lift, made by same people) and i would get the 4-5 inch they got. Just so my 35s wouldnt look tiny and so i dont have to go to 37s. For one more expensive especially in a 20 inch rim.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
do you plan on actually doing a lot of offroading? only asking because you could save a lot of money by just getting a 3" body lift.

OP
OP
inktoxicated

inktoxicated

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
honeslty i have zero intention of offroading strictly for crusin. but who knows i might end up having some fun one day. there is something about bodylifts that i dont like the look of. i dont know. thanks for the pix guys... hemi hauler are those 35s? and would your 2500 be like an inch higher then the 1500 with the same lift? i know the rep said that its a true 6' lift. ive read elsewhere thats it not. i asked the online vendor i planned on buying either the 4 or 6 kit from and asked about zone. She told me " let me just say, that none of us ride on a zone kit"

Davy120

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hmm interesting, lol up to you man. I like the zone is only lift kit that puts my torsion bars up and out of sight unlike any other lift kit on the market. Then again im running an 03 ram

DodgeGirl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi Sport
Last edited:

Hemi Hauler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 5.7L Laramie
honeslty i have zero intention of offroading strictly for crusin. but who knows i might end up having some fun one day. there is something about bodylifts that i dont like the look of. i dont know. thanks for the pix guys... hemi hauler are those 35s? and would your 2500 be like an inch higher then the 1500 with the same lift? i know the rep said that its a true 6' lift. ive read elsewhere thats it not. i asked the online vendor i planned on buying either the 4 or 6 kit from and asked about zone. She told me " let me just say, that none of us ride on a zone kit"

There 37" tires and I would agree about an inch taller than a 1500. At full flex I rub. If I had to do it all again I'd go with a 4" lift and 33" tires especially with a 1500. What gears do you have? I think 35" are a bit big for a 4" lift unless you went with 4.5-5.0 back spacing with an offset of -12 or greater. I'd go with the 4" lift and see what you can stuff in there for the right look.

OP
OP
inktoxicated

inktoxicated

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
well i got 20x10 -24 fuels on 35 nittos.i think they are 4.5 bs. imma go head and go with the 6'. if its to high lookn i can always swap for a smaller rear block and find a tinyer strut spacer or something. i guess i can do the same thing with the 4' and just go up a blck size and a spacer. will see. i think imma buy the kit from everything 4x4 on ebay which is really truck and van in michigan. they were really helpful on the phone. and the price seem a lil cheaper then other places. btw nice truck dodgegirl

OP
OP
inktoxicated

inktoxicated

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
so i think ive decided to go against the bds kit and go with a zone kit.. reason 1 (600.00 less for nearly the same stuff) reason 2 ( I aint offroading it so if im just doing it for looks i dont need the better kit. with the 600.00 ill save i can throw it into new brakes or something. or the bds ladder/traction bars since bds will worth with zone stuff. heres a email i got back from zone when i asked what was diffreint about there 2006-2008 6' lift then bds'

We have had very good success with our systems since we were created. Since over 90% of our parts are made in North America, we have been rapidly increasing in popularity. As you may have heard, BDS Suspension is our sister company. Our parent company, Sport Truck USA, saw a window of opportunity about 6 years ago to supply our customers with a high quality kit at budget pricing. If I had to compare our quality to other systems, I would put us above the other systems with similar price points but just below BDS. The major difference between Zone and BDS is the warranty. BDS offers a “no fine print” warranty where as Zone’s warranty is limited lifetime against manufacturer defects. Also, BDS kits tend to be more “complete” kits which include a lot more bells and whistles. Those points make BDS systems more expensive than ours. Our kits are designed from a manufacturer cost standpoint, which means we give you the parts that you are going to need to get you lifted and rolling down the road or through the mud. We also have a 100% fill rate, so if you order through us your kit will ship within 24 hours. If you did ever have a warranty issue, we will always have the parts readily available to send out so you would not have to worry about waiting for a backorder on a warranty part.

So if you are looking for the absolute best system on the market with the best warranty in the industry, I would recommend looking into BDS Suspension. However, if you are looking at a more “budget friendly” system for your Ram, Zone systems would be the way to go.

Another point that I want to add is that BDS components will work with Zone components. So if you went with a Zone system, you can order it less the shocks and have OK 4WD get Fox shocks from BDS.

I hope this information is useful to you.

moparman33

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 QCSB 4X4
Engine
4.7L magnum
thanks for posting the above. i have been looking at getting a bds for my truck. the only thing i didnt like was the price. i knew they were sister companies, though i didnt know that the parts would work together. thanks for the information

christoff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have an 08 ram 1500, and just installed a 6" ZONE lift and I am running with 35's. They look great, the gap isn't that bad, and I do take it off-roading and am very happy with the performance of the kit.

OP
OP
inktoxicated

inktoxicated

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
thanx for the pic. did u do blocks? looks like the rear still a lil higher i was concered that the 4 inch rear blocks were to much and was thinking of only putting in 3 inch then agian i like the little rake.

Last edited:

BgHrn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^^What exhaust do you have on your truck? Sharp truck btw.

blwn350

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport/2003 2500 Laramie Sport
Engine
5.2L/5.7 HEMI
ive been saving for a lift and i almost have enough. the decision between BDS 4 and 6 inch lift its driving me nuts. ill be running 20x10 -24 fuels on 35x12.5x20 nitto trailgraps. Ive been googling for months and some 06-08 rams lifted 6' on 35s look great, others look odd( like to much wheel gap) I havent seen any 06-08 rams with the 4' lift except one youtube video and it looks good. it looks like it fits the 35s nicely. according to bds with my 20x10 -24 4' kit would work but i would rub a lot. how is that possible when i see people running 35s with just a front level? the 4' kit lifts the rear 3' and the front a true 4'. i just dont want 35s with 20s look to small with the 6'. now im assuming the 4 and the 6 bds kits are exactly the same with the only diffreinces being the rear block and the front spacer. if anyone has pix of there lifts can you please post it. everytime i look at my stock ram it already looks like it sits high compared to other trucks and i try mentally invisioning it being 4 inchs higher in the rear and 6 in front and it seems way to high for 35s. i just cant understand why a 4 inch lift wouldnt fit according to bds.

heres the link of the 4' kit.. not bds but still 4' i honeslty think the 35s fit nicer on this then alot of the 6' kits i see.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoiukVRwUiw

Honestly, if your going with 35's i'd go with a 4" lift.. My 03 has a 6" with 37's and in my oppinion the wheel well gap is perfect, I think there will be to much gap with 35's and a 6" lift. Heres my truck..

photo1-4_zps92873130.jpg

tommyboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
You can't go wrong with Zone products, but I only say thats its the same as BDS for the most part. I had a rough country kit on my truck for about 8 months and then pulled it off and installed a BDS lift. I had nothing, but problems with rough country with cv axle angels ,wheel bearings, and alignment problems. Rough country was no help at all. Once i got the BDS parts in my hands you can see and feel the difference in quality of the parts. Also BDS drops the diff brackets down a full 6 inches not 3 inches like rough county. That alone keeps your CV angles nice and flat.