Anzo 60" taillight light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Roadhouse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I bought a tailgate light strip and installed per instructions and I can't get the reverse light to come on. I ran the white wire to the tail light, joined it to the black wire and nothing. Tried the purple wire too. 2016 Laramie, factory LED tails.

2012Lamarie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I bought a tailgate light strip and installed per instructions and I can't get the reverse light to come on. I ran the white wire to the tail light, joined it to the black wire and nothing. Tried the purple wire too. 2016 Laramie, factory LED tails.
Put a multi tool on it. Put the truck in reverse (turned off of course) then check each wire.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Driverbob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have not tried my reverse light yet - Have 2021 Bighorn... looking to tie into backup wire at the Tail light - But removing the Tail light? Two Screws and then there is some other clips or something - don't want to break anything.. Just made the first payment :) -

MickeyGreene

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I just did this on my truck too. If you have the 7 pin trailer connector, just splice into the middle wire for reverse. Works perfectly and don’t have to mess with the tail lights!

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I just did this on my truck too. If you have the 7 pin trailer connector, just splice into the middle wire for reverse.
^^^ this
If you don't want to splice wires buy a CURT 56584 trailer wiring harness, it will give you a five flat to run any tailgate light bar(includes reverse). A four flat trailer plug also works in a five flat.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007EA6WQU/

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I concur with crash68, the easiest and cleanest way with NO wire splicing.