ARH or AE Shorties

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any knowlegeable comments on what shorties to go to.ARH or AFE shorties..ae they pretty much the same..?..is pricing close..? installation the same?..will I require newgaskets and bolts..?...for a 5.7 Hemi 2021 1500 Warlock.. Thanks

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
The question is, how much do you want to spend.
Have you looked them up yourself to see the pricing between the two options you list.
Both are good!
Either will require new gaskets (Remflex or SRT).
Either will require new hardware (I used SRT for my JBA shorty's).
Either install the same way, and take the same time.
If you are having someone else install them, have you obtained a quote to have the work done?
I recommend you also source a competent technician that has experience doing this particular scope of work on a Ram truck with a HEMI.
My $0.02

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
Take about 2 hours or a day per side, depending on if you have broken manifold bolts.

If none broken then about 2 hours per side inclusive of inner fender removal and re installation.

Bolts that come with afe are good enough so I would not invest in others, remflex gasket are best, but you could use the feltpro that comes with afes.

Recommendation is for copper gasket paste from permatext to seal against the exhaust pipe.

Also would recommend wrapping the headers for more protection under the hood. It helps with heat.

My .03.

Mb7640

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You also have to consider the price of a tunner and a new pcm module. And the tune itself

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ARP Studs
Remflex Gasket

Shorties are good if you dont want to tune and dont actually have any real mods.
LTs are best if you actually want HP and have supporting MODs for them

Ease of installation depends on your wrenching experience and shop setup.
I find installing headers to be super easy. Bolt extractions are also a breeze but I own a welder.