Auto Start/Stop, No AC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VanD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When I start my 2020 Ram 1500, 5.7L, in the summer my Auto Start/Stop indicator will be on with an exclamation point beside it. When that happens my AC does not blow cold for anywhere from 15 to 45 minutes. I get an engine code of P0073, bad ambient air sensor. Took it to the dealer because the truck is under warranty. However, by the time I get to the dealer everything works again, so they would not fix it. Even though they could see the code activation in the trucks history. I have read others have this problem and changing out the sensor on your own doesn't really solve the problem. Has anyone found a fix to this issue? Thx

Papa Red

Papa Red
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Leave it in the dealers parking lot overnight. Start it in the morning and drive right up to the service door. Crazy they won't fix it seeing the code activation in the history.

Red

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If the dealer can see it in the history, and no satisfaction, ie., lazy or whateva, find another Dealer.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Escalteto service manager, then to dealership manager. No satisfaction, find another dealer. This is the service department being Aholes.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Took it to the dealer because the truck is under warranty. However, by the time I get to the dealer everything works again, so they would not fix it. Even though they could see the code activation in the trucks history.
Let's get @RamCares involved