AVS Aeroskin Bug Deflector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Paul84043

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 ecodiesel
I picked up the AVS bug deflector as an alternative to doing the clear bra on this truck. I talked to two different clear bra shops and they both warned me that due to the extreme angles on this truck, it's very difficult to apply and still look good. One of the applicators actually had this same truck so I took him at his word.
Back to the AVS Aeroskin.
I watched a video of an install, it was extremely simple. Actual install took about 10 minutes being careful to keep the shield exactly where I want it.
I like that it's perfectly form fit to the hood, it looks exceptionally good, fit was absolutely perfect. I couldn't be happier with this product and the peace of mind now that the hood of my truck isn't going to get completely beat to s#!t on the freeway.
Definitely recommend this product.

IMG_2324b.jpg

IMG_2325b.jpg

IMG_2323b.jpg

ramhornet15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have one as well. Great product and looks fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NapaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Very nice! I got a Bug Flector II because I wanted the stand off the hood design but that style looks great too.

Thunderbucket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I was thinking the Lund defender myself

If you can't dodge it... RAM it!

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
FWIW I DIY-ed the clear bra on my truck and thought it came out pretty darn good (and my truck is white, so its easy to see imperfections). its the first clear bra Ive ever done myself and it wasnt EASY, but it definitely wasnt that hard (and surely not impossible)

HOWEVER, after having it on there for a few months, I have to say I dont think the aerodynamics of the RAM really leave the hood in danger of chips, etc. I think most stuff would be absorbed by the grille. The bug-flector is probably just right in regards to required protection. In fact I will be looking to add one to my truck as well, even with the clear bra already installed.

OP
OP
P

Paul84043

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 ecodiesel
Is the Aeroskin pretty much flush to the hood? How is it held on, 3M Tape?

It lays completely flush which is one of the things I liked about it. It's 3M double sided tape so it can be easily removed and there's no drilling holes into your hood. It won't flutter and the chances of anything getting trapped and rubbing are pretty much non existent from what I can tell. The deflector, never actually touches your paint though. It's a very well made product. I was surprised.

ObiwanJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm pretty close in the industry in regards to these products... and even talking to some of the people from AVS admit that this does nothing at all for your truck, except a touch of styling, and to possibly prevent anything from hitting that front 3 inches of the hood.

Heck, its not even really a 'bug' deflector to be honest.

I personally went with the other style...

41357547702_ff116f644e_b.jpg
261Cf4h

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Paul, deflector looks sharp.

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
How does that fit on the sport hood? I saw everywhere I looked up the avs aeroskin2 is says does not fit sport hood

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
How does that fit on the sport hood? I saw everywhere I looked up the avs aeroskin2 is says does not fit sport hood

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
There should be a option for a sport hood and it’s a few bucks more if I’m remembering correctly on autoanything.com

Ravjay12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm pretty close in the industry in regards to these products... and even talking to some of the people from AVS admit that this does nothing at all for your truck, except a touch of styling, and to possibly prevent anything from hitting that front 3 inches of the hood.

Heck, its not even really a 'bug' deflector to be honest.

I personally went with the other style...

41357547702_ff116f644e_b.jpg
261Cf4h
That’s not entirely true. Keeps the stones from chipping out the front of my hood. That was a real problem area of mine.

1500canoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I can't decide whether I like the look of these or not. It has a tendency to look like a mustache on the Rams. o_O I thought about getting an Aeroskin 2 but haven't pulled the trigger.