Axle "U" bolt help needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TrekLawler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
Hello everyone,
need to solicit some help, if possible. I have a 95 Dodge Ram 4 wheel drive with all stock suspension, regrettable while doing some work last week I noticed a couple of the "U" bolts from the rear axle to the leaf spring were rusted pretty badly. I was the sent out of town for work, while out of town I've found this shop that has these in different sizes that are being clearanced, unfortunately I'm not near the truck to measure the stock ones at the moment.
does anyone know the bolt length and span from centerline to centerlinem so I can see if these are available?

Thanks in advance,
Trek Lawler
K.C., MO.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
1500 would be 2.5" on the inside and 13" long.

OP
OP
T

TrekLawler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
Thanks again Merc225,

regretfully that can't be correct as there is no "U" bolts with a 2.5" centerline between threaded portions.

Still looking for any assistance if possible.

OP
OP
T

TrekLawler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
Merc225,
I owe you a sincere apology, as I indicated I was away from my truck on business travel and was asking a family member to go look and measure this for me. regretfully I could not remember what they looked like and they had told me incorrectly that the bolt went up and around the axle housing, so I was totally looking for the wrong style of bolt from their measurements.
Luckily I didn't find any while on travel and when I came home and looked I discovered you were absolutely correct.

Thanks again for all your help on this board and I do apologize for second guessing you :).

Trek Lawler
K.C., MO.