B10AC code no heat on passenger side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lancer-AM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So for awhile now I haven't had heat on my passenger side. Most of the issues I have seen have related to the driver's side having no heat, but only a couple for the passenger side. I have back flushed the heater core, tried resetting the BCM with no luck. I don't have any clicking behind the dash either.

I recently got AlfaOBD to tweak some settings and went into the HVAC section, ran the calibration test and pulled the codes. It gave me B10AC which is "Right Blend Door Control Circuit Open" I figured that the actuator had failed and this pretty much confirms it. But what I am wondering is could this also mean the blend door failed and the actuator cant move?

My truck had K17 done back in 2011, but I am going to see if they will do it again. That passenger side one is between the HVAC box and the firewall and if I can have someone else suffer through it, I would prefer to.

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
So for awhile now I haven't had heat on my passenger side. Most of the issues I have seen have related to the driver's side having no heat, but only a couple for the passenger side. I have back flushed the heater core, tried resetting the BCM with no luck. I don't have any clicking behind the dash either.

I recently got AlfaOBD to tweak some settings and went into the HVAC section, ran the calibration test and pulled the codes. It gave me B10AC which is "Right Blend Door Control Circuit Open" I figured that the actuator had failed and this pretty much confirms it. But what I am wondering is could this also mean the blend door failed and the actuator cant move?

My truck had K17 done back in 2011, but I am going to see if they will do it again. That passenger side one is between the HVAC box and the firewall and if I can have someone else suffer through it, I would prefer to.
After reading the Mopar diagnostics for B10AC, this DTC will not set if the blend door has failed. This DTC sets when the HVAC module does not detect a pulse from the actuator when commanded. If the door was stuck or damaged where it could not move the actuator would still be able to complete the circuit and provide feedback to the module.

This can be a wiring issue or the actuator itself. My solid bet is on the actuator because I replace these on a near daily basis.

OP
OP
L

Lancer-AM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Perfect, thanks I appreciate it.