Back into a Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cblsurfer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Well, after nearly 10 years, I finally got the thumbs up from my wife to buy a new Ram.:) Since the dealer couldn't find my Outdoorsman with the options/color I wanted, i had them order it. After 2 months of waiting it finally arrived and I picked it up last night... The wife and kids were really happy (and I just couldn't stop smiling) and all was going well. I was having the delivery walk-through with the salesman when a younger sales associate rubbed the side of another truck on the back corner of my brand new truck, scratching the rear bumper and scoffing/cracking the tail light.... :jawdrop: I couldn't believe it.

Thankfully, there was no other damage done, so they will be replacing the bumper and tail light....but with all the mechanics on vacation, this will only happen next Monday... They tried to squeeze it in this week, but I don't want them to rush and do a crappy job with the bumper.

Anyways, still had a nice long drive last night and this is a completely different ride then the '98 Sport I had before the kids. I just love it!

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
That is crazy, I drove in when picking up my new special order to see a Tundra jammed up right next to my truck parked in a non-spot. I was miffed as mine was on the end as my good salesman placed it but luckily no dings. Welcome to the forum.

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome to the forum, sorry to hear about the bumper

OP
OP
Cblsurfer

Cblsurfer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Thanks guys. Thankfully, it's not that noticeable until you're right next to the truck so I can live with it until next week.

LilRamie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Man,. That's the definition of bitter sweat right there. On the bright side, you can go ahead and say you got your first ding out of the way (which always is the most upsetting in my book) and with yours its geting fixed as an upside. Anyway, glad you got your new ride and enjoying it. Post some pics once the band aids come off :)

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Whipple 5.7 • SmoothBoost!
:welcome:

Caldwell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
will that accident go on the vehicle's history ?

If that is the case I would be pissed.

LilRamie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
It really should not. Typically they show when a police report is filed
given this is more an internal matter i suspect not.

Last edited:

LilRamie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I also think there is some regulation somewhere if a new vehicle has x amount of dmg they can repair and sell as new but if it exceeds a certain amount (i think as a Percentage to its value) they cant by law that might also be a state thing.

GreenClassic

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Reminds me of when I was having my sidesteps installed at the dealer. I was sitting outside near where they park the vehicles when they are done being serviced. An old man in a Chrysler 200 was between two vehicles (like parallel parked), but he had plenty of room to get out. But he still backed into the brand new Charger somebody was in the process of buying (it had just been detailed). I didn't see any damage, but the old man's back bumper ran into the front license plate frame of the Charger, so I don't know if there was any damage behind there.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cblsurfer

Cblsurfer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
will that accident go on the vehicle's history ?

If that is the case I would be pissed.

No this is all off the books. The dealer is going to take the bumper and tail light from one of the new truck's that he's getting in tomorrow to put on mine and he'll order replacements for that new truck...so it won't show on my truck's service record...I'm also going to request to get that in written form. What do you guys think ? Overkill ?

OP
OP
Cblsurfer

Cblsurfer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Brought the truck in on Monday and they replaced the bumper and tail light. My wife came along to ensure is was up to par.

The truck was dirty and they hadn't washed it (they usually wash all cars they service under warranty) and neither was the new bumper...it had some black caked on residue on a corner so my wife sent it back to the service manager. They washed the bumper and brought the truck back. My wife meticulously checked the whole bumper and sent it back again after finding 2 spots that had what appeared like rust the size of a pin head as well as a black scoff. 3rd time did it.

I'll post a pic once I have time to wash and detail the truck.

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
It really should not. Typically they show when a police report is filed
given this is more an internal matter i suspect not.

I went through this when I had the roof of my truck repainted under warranty. The owner of the body shop (my dealer doesn't have a body shop) told me that they don't report damage or repaints ect, and that the insurance company's are the ones who typically report damage.

Congrats on the new truck by the way.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinRam1500