Back up camera issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kenny davis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I'm new to the form and I'm needing help, I just installed the OEM wiring and backup camera on my 2016 ram with the 8.4 screen, after several hours of following the instructions to a T iv have got a blank screen now, no radio no temp control, nothing. I haven't had anything flashed yet so I was wondering if this is normal? I'm starting to panic a little. I really could use some help with this matter ASAP.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

jcarden10

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Its been almost two years since I did mine, but I remember having the same issue. I think it was how I pinned the wires in the radio connector. I cant remember the exact pin numbers where the wires are supposed to go (31,32,33??), but I’m pretty sure the pic in the instructions had me thinking I was doing it right, but come to find out I had removed pins 1,2,3 which as one would expect are the power wires.

Again, this is all from memory, but I’m fairly certain this was the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
K

kenny davis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Its been almost two years since I did mine, but I remember having the same issue. I think it was how I pinned the wires in the radio connector. I cant remember the exact pin numbers where the wires are supposed to go (31,32,33??), but I’m pretty sure the pic in the instructions had me thinking I was doing it right, but come to find out I had removed pins 1,2,3 which as one would expect are the power wires.

Again, this is all from memory, but I’m fairly certain this was the problem.

I was worried about that same thing so I checked it 4 time's ( late last night)and according to the directions I have them in the right spot. Still blank screen.

jcarden10

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Post a pic of the connector. Also check out the thread about installing this kit. Its either in the DIY section or the Audio/Electronics section and pinned to the top.

OP
OP
K

kenny davis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Post a pic of the connector. Also check out the thread about installing this kit. Its either in the DIY section or the Audio/Electronics section and pinned to the top.

I will thanks.

jcarden10

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Below is a link to a post in the thread I referred to that shows how to correctly wire the radio connector. I know you said you checked it 4 times, but if your radio isnt getting any power at all, this is likely the problem.

Like you, I was certain I had pinned it correctly and had checked multiple times...and then I realized it was NOT wired correctly.

Installing OEM backup cam
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...orum.com/index.php?posts/978566/&share_type=t

OP
OP
K

kenny davis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks guys it worked, I had some wires wrong, I really appreciate the info. Now I can stop worrying about it. Now on to the next project.