Backup Camera Blue Screen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mamabear12

Reaction score
Ram Year
We’ve had our truck for only 3 days now and today when backing up the screen goes blue. Sometimes it will show an image from the last time it was in reverse but it only goes away when the truck has been off for awhile. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
It might be lose ... might was doing that for a while and recently I removed my tailgate and had to disconnect the camera harness, when I did so I found that it was not properly seated all the way ... it hasn't done it since ... check that the harness is nice and tight

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
As was just mentioned, the most likely problem would be the connection that is hidden by the license plate

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
I called the dealer when it first happened and they swore up and down it was an update that needed to be added ... I took it they said nothing was showing up that needed flashed lol .... so first check the connection that is what fixed mine

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
If you had your truck bed sprayed
They remove the tailgate to do that
They also remove the tailgate inspection plate so they can get better coverage
There is also another camera connection & the camera itself behind that plate.
You may also find another connection on the drivers side, where the back of the rear tire & the trucks frame, come close to the spare tire
( my 2016 Ram has one there )

TaterBigHorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
What’s the easiest way to get to that connector? I have a brand new 2022, not even a month old and I’ve been dealing with a random blue screen since the second week.

I took off the panel on the tailgate but I don’t see anything loose. Can anyone help ?

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Look behind the license plate general area, the wires come out of the bottom of the tailgate & pass through the sheet metal just below the bed.
May i suggest that you spray some Electrical Contact Cleaner onto both sides of the connector after you separate them

see the cut out rectangle above the plate ?

1644734288160.png

Last edited:

DEVON HANDY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
hi, i have a 2019 ram 1500 classic with 125***km and my reverse camera just went blue yesterday and it hasn't come back on since. the radio interface works perfect just the blue screen happens in reverse only. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Wmjohn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Easy.
Update your uconnect version and it should go away. We're up to v 46 now. Check versions under settings or about

WWlorodd1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2011 Ram 1500 with the 430 Uconnect stereo. I got the truck used and the camera has never worked since I got it. I called Ram service and got the build sheet to my truck and the original owner paid to have the camera installed. All i get is a black screen like the camera recognizes it should be working but nothing. Any suggestions?