Backup Sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bailey K

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So occasionally when I'm backing up, my sensors think there is something behind me and slams the e-brake on. It will happen 4-5 times even after going out and wiping off the sensor to make sure there's no dirt or anything on it. Dealership has said everything looks good. Has anyone else had this problem? I've also had it happen a few times with the front sensors.

I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn for anyone else.

busa2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So occasionally when I'm backing up, my sensors think there is something behind me and slams the e-brake on. It will happen 4-5 times even after going out and wiping off the sensor to make sure there's no dirt or anything on it. Dealership has said everything looks good. Has anyone else had this problem? I've also had it happen a few times with the front sensors.

I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn for anyone else.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]happens to me also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CG2742

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Every one has had this happen. A shadow will set it off. Don’t take your foot off the brake all the way and it won’t do that. But I believe most just turn it off.

beerthirty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi v8
Scared the livin you know what out of me the first time it happened! My driveway has somewhat of a steep grade when I turn off the main road, so when I back out my driveway onto the road, it locks up on me all the time. First time I thought I bottomed out. One time I think a tall piece of grass activated it. I honestly like the feature because I have small kids running around the house, I've just learned where to turn it on and off.

Ramray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Same happened to me
Scared the crap out of me it was the front sensor detecting a a 5 gallon bucket close to front end

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Never happens to me, but then again, I disabled that feature before I even left the dealer lot. :D

Tydog96

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L eTorque
I had a "what?" moment the other day. I was parked at the pharmacy drive-through at the local CVS. I had received my Med and Credit-Card back. The drawer they use for Covid-19 reasons was still extended. It was a about a foot or maybe a touch more from the driver's door. The truck would not move, slammed on the E-brake, etc. I couldn't get the truck to move and was getting embarrassed. Even killed the engine and restarted. Finally, I focused on the drawer and then motioned for guy in the window to retract the drawer and was able to fully release the eBrake and move on out. I didn't know that something to the side like that would do this -- I didn't take time to review the dash, display, etc. as I was just frizzed and awaiting for the horn honk behind me :). Since it was to the side, and not in the danger of hitting anything, I was briefly confused. Will it do this from a mirror-cam?

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
I turned that off early on when while in stop and go traffic the truck slammed on the brakes a couple of times when I got close to the car in front of me.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
after the first time it happened backing up and I didn't know why I found that setting and turned it off.