Bad fuse panel?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HemiHavoc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Truck is a 2011 ram 2500 Hemi ST

Issue:

No crank or anything when I turn the key, but I do have power to the dash, windows, lights, etc. Also the starter does turn the motor over when power is supplied from the battery to the starter directly via jumper cables.

Quick question:

I have no power at the 30 pin on the starter relay circuit in the fuse panel. The way I understand it is that this pin should be hot all the time with the key on. Anything else I can check as to a reason why it wouldn't have power, or am I looking at replacing that fuse panel under the hood?

More info:

This past weekend I made a 350+ mile round trip. Within 40 miles of leaving, I came to my first real stop and the truck just shut off. It started right back up, but another 30-40 miles later it did the same thing. Ultimately it would do this 75% of the time I would come to complete stops during the rest of the trip, but it would always start back up and take off. It never shut off while driving. At one point on the return trip the truck seemed to get stuck in first gear, so I had to shut the truck off then turned it back on and it seemed fine. The truck seemed gutless when climbing hills (like it wouldn't downshift low enough), but otherwise it seemed to drive ok. About 15 miles from home I left a stop light and started up a hill, and again the truck was stuck in first. I pulled over once I reached a safe spot at the top of the hill and shut the truck down. When I tried to start the truck I got nothing. I ended up having to get it towed home where it now sits while I diagnose.

Also side note, about 3 months ago I went to start my truck after it had sat for a month and the battery was dead. I put my charger on it and went to start it and ended up frying my Diablo tuner via the obd2 port. Maybe these 2 things are related, maybe just coincidence.

Thank you to anyone who read this far and a huge thank you to anyone with any help.

OP
OP
H

HemiHavoc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can anyone take a picture of their underhood fuse panel? If it makes a difference mine is a 2011 ram 2500 hemi. I'm wondering if any of the relays are installed backwards and I can't find a definitive picture

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The relays can only fit the correct way other wise the holes would not line up when trying to plug them in