Bakflip vp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What happens if someone slams the tailgate without raising the cover? Will it damage the seal at all?

jlis

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You get used to lifting the cover before you close the tailgate. It becomes second nature. Not sure what will happen if you close the tailgate without lifting the cover. There is a big yellow warning telling you to lift the cover before closing the tailgate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was just wondering in case its not me accessing the tailgate. Someone wouldn't see the warning unless they opened the cover………...

res1551cue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The only reason they want you to close the tailgate before the cover is because there is a rubber strip that is on the edge of bed cover which forms a seal to keep the water out of the bed. I have closed the cover without closing the tailgate first and it didnt do anything but wedge the rubber lip between the tailgate and the cover so you have to open the tailgate and do it again properly.

Danimal77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Where is the cheapest place to snag the vp? I found it for $589 ....is that decent?

Last edited:

jbr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was just wondering in case its not me accessing the tailgate. Someone wouldn't see the warning unless they opened the cover………...

When I took my truck to the dealer for some warranty work they didn't see the label (I have the Fibermax cover) . I didn't realize until days later that the seal was not on top of the tailgate. Water had gotten into the bed :-(

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, that's what I'd be afraid of. Hope you didn't have anything in there get water damaged.

Nick

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 ram 2500
Engine
i got the f1 on my truck

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 76

Nick

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 ram 2500
Engine
watertight? How do you like it?

i had it for about two months i love it.. no water gets in only thing that gets annoying is when u have to close the tailgate and lift the cover a little

Donelam304

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
What is a good water tight or weather resistant flush mount like that one that's a hard Cover.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900V) via taptalk...

Heywood

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport
Engine
What is a good water tight or weather resistant flush mount like that one that's a hard Cover.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900V) via taptalk...

Bakflip claim that for all of their tops. Outside of a hard 1 piece, I would have to say the VP looks to be in the, Bakflip line, just in the look of the design. I just ordered mine, so I can't say it is personally. Just reaserched the hell out of it before I did.

Fits the bill for what I need it for.

There's a video on Youtube that has a fair comparison between 2 manufactures.

Heywood

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport
Engine
We recently added tonneau covers to our site since we get a lot of requests for them from our truck customers. We added Bak, amongst others. Take a look shoot us a PM for our best price.

Exterior Accessories - Tonneau Cover

Doh...... Thanks Andy. Now you tell me...lol

Shoot me a PM on the price for the 162207RB please? Might not be too late to cancel.

The Canadian dollar is taking a crap right now against the US $$$.

Shipping as well please. You have my info...lol

Heywood

Last edited: