bank pre-aproved, build begins soon , Ram 3500 4x4 crew w/8' dually

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

suzukiquadrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
2000 , 2004
Engine
cummins 5.9, 6.6 duramax
Sweet cant wait to see some pics of it in action.

OP
OP
twlyons1

twlyons1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Laramie 4x4 crew 8' dually
Iam worried now, i was looking at the rims and the ones i was understanding that come on it are to be the polished aluminum solid smooth surface with like 10 holes around the outer edge,,,,,,,,Iam worried that they are going to be those slotted (oblong)hole things,,,,,,, I need to talk to my dealer,,,,,,

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Man I cant wait for pics

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I find that Dodge's are very durable that is why I believe in them. Maybe they just mesh well with my driving style but I love them and I am sure like most of us here you will too! Welcome aboard.

$miley

OP
OP
twlyons1

twlyons1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well the mystery of rims is over, it will come as i hoped with all the round holes like a semi and polished,,,ssweeeeet.

It has strange production though,,,as previously posted, it was waiting for production, finally after about 2 to 2 1/2 weeks it went to frame,,,,,soo i was wondering how long before frame would be over and then to paint and then interior and then final inspection and fiinnnnaaalllly shipping,,,wellll,,,,i remember that Tuesday last week it went to frame so clearly,,,,wife ready to commit me i think lolol,,,umm guess i should not laugh to much about that :drool: well as a regular movement in life, i awoke Wednesday morning and checked the status and it went to final inspection,,,ummmm wait a second here,,,soooo i re clicked and sighed in again and sure enough it is in final inspection,,,kinda thinking how it would look with all the options i clicked on with nothing else or paint,,,but it is in final inspection he he he,,,, i read another persons posting about the reporting people for the factory special builds are not very reliable considering timing and up dates.
It is still cool,,,,our first ever new truck and it is a special factory build, woo hooo, oo yea o00YYeaaaa.....
:big_banana_Dance::big_banana_Dance::big_banana_Dance:

I will post videos and pictures for all to see, if i could carve stone with out injuring my self, i would carve it in stone too,,,,kinda accident prone,,wife keeps medical bag with sutures close by, for safety reasons i am limited to videos and pics, sorry :birgits_tiredcoffee

OP
OP
twlyons1

twlyons1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Doin paper work

June 4, 2012 is the due date

Went down and done most all the paper work today as not to miss out on the $500.00 Veterans discount from May 14 to 31,,OMG,,,,talk about numbers and this and that,,,,,,finally every thing was hashed out and on our way home at 6pm,,got there about 11am,,,,
Left the POS F-250 6.0L:****::****sweak::yourself: Ford 2006 and the butter flies are moving,,,,

This is the biggest sale they have had in about 8 years JC and Kyle told me,,I said i best shave and get cleaned up for the delivery date photos then,we all laughed.

02hairlessram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Day after my birthday! I'm getting impatient and it isn't even my truck. LOL.

David

OP
OP
twlyons1

twlyons1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Day after my birthday! I'm getting impatient and it isn't even my truck. LOL.

David
:favorites13: Well happy B day there David,,,,, last Friday i went down to the dealers and this turns out to be the biggest deal they have done in about 7-8 years, Lithia of Eugene Ore.,,,I fully loaded this thing down--except the smokers package and snow plow :) I will post vids and pics.

Well all the paper works done, all that happens now is wait,,,,,,,,is it here yet?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,is it here yet?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,is it-------- it was cool, reminded me of military days delivering moneys,,,,,$51,315.00,,,,, I asked for all $1.00's , this was her basic response :flipthebird:

Next week,,,, getting butter fly's bad men, I hope to god it isn't my heart considering i am a CDU patient, TO MUCH STRESSSS MAAANNNNN ,,,doctors say go to my happy place----she wont let me :naughty: maybe just sleep for the next 6-7 days---she wont let me go there either :boxing: I am ready for a round or 2 :drunk:

TLC John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 RAM 1500
Engine
Hemi
Total Load Control for your 3500

Congrats on your "about to arrive" truck!

If you're going to haul or tow heavy loads, please check out Total Load Control™ air suspension. We just introduced our DGHD-2535 model for your truck.

Super powerful 9" Goodyear air springs are the largest used on a 1 ton truck - 9" air springs have more than 3 times the air volume of 6" air springs!

TLC's patented system is unique because the springs have a single mount point allowing them to be independent of the factory suspension - and inflate and deflate at your command.

TLC is endorsed by driving legend Bob Bondurant - and is the first product he has ever endorsed! Also, TLC is being sold by Towbin Dodge in Las Vegas - one of the largest commercial truck dealers in the USA.

These are not just "helper springs". This is Total Load Control™!

Nothing else comes close.

OP
OP
twlyons1

twlyons1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
:crazy: i am goin nuts here,,i guess the train was slowed down or held up or some sort of thing,,,,in WY.......rescheduled for Portland on Thursday and unload Friday and sent to my dealer on Monday,,,so it should be ready Tuesday,,they are suppose to be taking plastics and other things off it from shipping protection,,,,, I have heard horror story's of dealers getting peoples new trucks and cars and driving them to make sure they are driver safe,,,,not the mechanics but the dealers--------- the one people that have no purpose or reason to be in the vehicle other than to check Vin. number or mileage,,,,over in Newport Or. at sun-west a person ordered a special car that had special notes as to remove blocks from open suspension before driving but the dealers took it for drive and then the mechanics serviced it , took blocks out then and sent it away to the customer not knowing if it messed it up or not.

Lord have mercy, trucks paid for and waiting now, worried about what or whom has done what to it , i will be up set if any one drove it with out my consent, arrrggggeeeeee. been long couple of days, not much sleep,,,,I just need to sleep till the day i go down to get it. then ill be worried with it in the drive way, 200 yards from the high way lolololol

SmokedRam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Get it claybar'd ASAP after delivery...railroad rust is quite common after delivery.

SmokedRam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Clay Baring removes contaminants in the paint...a lot of trucks and cars pick up railroad rust (some call it rail dust) when in transit, clay baring it, will remove it. When you clay bar a truck or car, you spray a solution onto the surface, then go over it with clay...contaminants that are embedded into the finish are removed with the clay...then a waxing and buffing with finish the job.

OP
OP
twlyons1

twlyons1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Clay Baring removes contaminants in the paint...a lot of trucks and cars pick up railroad rust (some call it rail dust) when in transit, clay baring it, will remove it. When you clay bar a truck or car, you spray a solution onto the surface, then go over it with clay...contaminants that are embedded into the finish are removed with the clay...then a waxing and buffing with finish the job.

I don't foresee Lithia doing this, I'll most likely have to contact a good auto detail shop for that, I know of a place that i have known the owner as long as ,,,,well lets just say i was at least 10yrs old and he was auto body working out of his garage then. Give me a great opportunity to stop in and visit for a few.

Thanks for the info, thinkin about it now i can under stand all the metals in the air from metal wheels running on metal tracks for 4000 miles or more, not new metal either, old rusty blowing in the air, micro metallic will rust in those small crevices causing paint problems greatly, the rail cars are most likely not enclosed either.

The details auto dealers neglect to tell people about.

I'll call and ask about it and post what they tell me, this may be good lololol

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have been in the process of claybar'n my truck. I'm amazed at all the little rust specs on it. I highly advise this!

Sagebrush2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Geez - I've just worked through the 6 pages of this post - you ordered your truck 10 days before I ordered mine, so I know very well your ups and downs throughout the process - watching the production scheduled forever, then seeing it race to shipping.

I'm wondering if both of our trucks were shipping out of Santillo on the same train. That'd be pretty cool except that yours might've sat around waiting for mine to be finished...

Anyway, right now I'm looking at June 8 delivery (Friday). It seems for a purchase of this size, the dealership could hurry up the prep process for you so you can drive it home the same day it arrived.

Can't wait to see pics of it in your driveway!