Banks Pedal Monster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flashman252

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Got one coming for a 2022 2500 cummins. Dont need an over the top tuner or speed demon, just want to get rid of a bit of dead pedal or turbo lag. Hoping it helps. Anyone else installed one and what were your thoughts?

kirk35

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD Tradesman
I haven’t installed one on the Ram, but I bought a used 2019 Bullitt that had one installed. Once I figured out what was wrong with the car I threw the PedalMax in the trash. Worst idea ever for the Mustang, I can’t imagine it being any better for the Ram.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We have moved many of these units. Customers overall have been very happy with them. The RAM has a good bit of throttle lag and this does a great job at eliminating that. Not all throttle enhancers are created equal....the Banks one is one of the, if not the best one.

Anyone interested in one, please feel free to message me for a quote

OP
OP
F

flashman252

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
We have moved many of these units. Customers overall have been very happy with them. The RAM has a good bit of throttle lag and this does a great job at eliminating that. Not all throttle enhancers are created equal....the Banks one is one of the, if not the best one.

Anyone interested in one, please feel free to message me for a quote
well son of a gun, i ordered one directly from banks after lots and lots of research on which one to go with. Seems like lots of folks are happy with this one specifically and it looks pretty simple to install. If I had known, I would of happily ordered one through you sir. Hoping to have mine by the end of the week so I can install this weekend.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
well son of a gun, i ordered one directly from banks after lots and lots of research on which one to go with. Seems like lots of folks are happy with this one specifically and it looks pretty simple to install. If I had known, I would of happily ordered one through you sir. Hoping to have mine by the end of the week so I can install this weekend.

No worries! I am sure you will be happy with it. It does what it is designed to do and is a quality unit!

woojyee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I had seen one of these pedal devices advertised that also disabled the peddle altogether as a theft prevention measure but I don't remember the name nor have I seen that functionality advertised in any other one...

OP
OP
F

flashman252

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
One of the reasons I went with the pedal monster is because if it becomes dislodged from the OBD, it still keeps driving and you do not lose the throttle. It just reverts back to stock. Jumping in and out of the truck, if I accidently knock that loose, I dont want to lose the throttle all together and be stranded somewhere. Also, I like the reverse safety built into the banks pedal monster. It really seems like banks really thought this one through.

OP
OP
F

flashman252

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Well if anyone is on the fence about one of these, it does exactly what it says. I’m having to learn the pedal all over. I have no idea why anyone would need sport or track environment. City on level 8 is all the power the truck would ever need imo. Borderline not much fun to drive. City level 6 is about right. Has about a 1 second lag in turbo from a stop. When cruising and then putting your foot in the pedal, turbo spools right up instantly. Anything higher than level 6, it’s downshifting and grabbing lower gears a little quick for my taste and I don’t need all that. Really just wanted to clean up turbo lag and dead pedal feeling. Really doesn’t take much to achieve that either is what I’m finding.

Johnnyroastbeef

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Well if anyone is on the fence about one of these, it does exactly what it says. I’m having to learn the pedal all over. I have no idea why anyone would need sport or track environment. City on level 8 is all the power the truck would ever need imo. Borderline not much fun to drive. City level 6 is about right. Has about a 1 second lag in turbo from a stop. When cruising and then putting your foot in the pedal, turbo spools right up instantly. Anything higher than level 6, it’s downshifting and grabbing lower gears a little quick for my taste and I don’t need all that. Really just wanted to clean up turbo lag and dead pedal feeling. Really doesn’t take much to achieve that either is what I’m finding.

I could not agree more. I bought mine directly from Banks and it's exactly as advertised. Those youtube videos of customer using it seem like BS but I can say they are 100% accurate. The pedal Monster really makes a huge difference in my 2019 Cummins. I dont use any of the race settings either, I really dont think you'd ever need them. Turbo spools much quicker, almost no lag, best money i've spent on this truck so far.

chopperdog45

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7
I have one on my truck and it works as advertised. I have had to uninstall it a couple times to take it in for a warranty job, and I really notice the pedal lag since I have gotten used to driving with the Pedal Monster installed.

Billet Bee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HOHD
I could not agree more. I bought mine directly from Banks and it's exactly as advertised. Those youtube videos of customer using it seem like BS but I can say they are 100% accurate. The pedal Monster really makes a huge difference in my 2019 Cummins. I dont use any of the race settings either, I really dont think you'd ever need them. Turbo spools much quicker, almost no lag, best money i've spent on this truck so far.
Did it eliminate the dead pedal on take off?

2Tallguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 diesel
Got one coming for a 2022 2500 cummins. Dont need an over the top tuner or speed demon, just want to get rid of a bit of dead pedal or turbo lag. Hoping it helps. Anyone else installed one and what were your thoughts?
It worked well for my friend's 2018 3500 Cummins but even on 50% it had a touchy throttle. Zero lag.

compshooter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the P... Commander. When it works it's awesome. But when it doesn't I get a sort of limp mode where the pedal response is about 40% of stock. It'll get you off the road but the other folks on the road will not like you. It's borderline dangerous.

I wish I knew of the Banks system. I know the potential but the P... Commander but it just doesn't have my confidence. I re-installed it many times, re-downloaded the app in the hopes of an update and I even zipped tied the connector trying to eliminate a faulty connection. No beuno. It's literally a roll of the dice whether it's gonna work or not.

If it doesn't here comes the CEL's and dash lights and dead pedal. Thankfully it hasn't happened when I was towing. Since this became a thing I just disconnect it if I plan on towing. Worst $300 bucks I ever spent.

OP
OP
F

flashman252

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
So I have actually turned mine down to City 4. Even City 6 was a bit hot for my liking. City 4 is pretty perfect for me. City 5 is pretty close as well, but still if I am not paying attention and I put my foot in it, its down shifting and just pulling so freaking hard. I am not trying to race or horse my truck around, I was just looking to clean up the dead pedal and turbo lag. From a dead stop, I push about an 1/8th pedal and within 2 seconds my turbo is spooling 4-6 psi. When rolling at 40 mph, turbo is at 0 psi, adding 1/8th-1/4 pedal more, turbo instantly kicks up to 5-8 psi and then you can ride that power as high as you want by slowly increasing pedal. Mash the pedal at all, you down shift the transmission to a lower gear and the computer is making power that way. That is where I am still learning the pedal because the power in the turbo is plenty now that no lag exists. So you do have to learn the pedal and how quickly to push it when already rolling down the road. Add slight pressure slowly and turbo makes all the power and does all the work. Mash your pedal quickly and the transmission will drop a gear or two and start grabbing power that way.

Hope that makes sense, but this has been my experience with it since installing last friday and driving every day since then. I leave tomorrow to go camping and pulling the travel trailer 4 hours away. This will be the first time I tow with it and I am curious if I am going to want to turn it up or if I am going to just leave it alone. I am also curious what the characteristics will be once I put in tow mode. Next Monday, when I am back near a computer, i will check back to this thread and give an update.

chopperdog45

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7
So I have actually turned mine down to City 4. Even City 6 was a bit hot for my liking. City 4 is pretty perfect for me. City 5 is pretty close as well, but still if I am not paying attention and I put my foot in it, its down shifting and just pulling so freaking hard. I am not trying to race or horse my truck around, I was just looking to clean up the dead pedal and turbo lag. From a dead stop, I push about an 1/8th pedal and within 2 seconds my turbo is spooling 4-6 psi. When rolling at 40 mph, turbo is at 0 psi, adding 1/8th-1/4 pedal more, turbo instantly kicks up to 5-8 psi and then you can ride that power as high as you want by slowly increasing pedal. Mash the pedal at all, you down shift the transmission to a lower gear and the computer is making power that way. That is where I am still learning the pedal because the power in the turbo is plenty now that no lag exists. So you do have to learn the pedal and how quickly to push it when already rolling down the road. Add slight pressure slowly and turbo makes all the power and does all the work. Mash your pedal quickly and the transmission will drop a gear or two and start grabbing power that way.

Hope that makes sense, but this has been my experience with it since installing last friday and driving every day since then. I leave tomorrow to go camping and pulling the travel trailer 4 hours away. This will be the first time I tow with it and I am curious if I am going to want to turn it up or if I am going to just leave it alone. I am also curious what the characteristics will be once I put in tow mode. Next Monday, when I am back near a computer, i will check back to this thread and give an update.
Good question about towing. I have not changed any settings on mine when I tow my toy hauler, and I am still very happy with the performance. I'll be curious to hear anyone else's experience with changing the settings for towing.

OP
OP
F

flashman252

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I did not change any settings while I towed the 8k travel trailer this weekend. Truck did great pulling up some insane steep grades. Now I found a scenario I REALLY do not like the pedal monster. And that is on a dirt road way up in the mountains where you cannot go over 5-10 mph because the potholes or terrain is so rough. You try and keep that pedal from wanting to sprint up the mountain is pretty tough because of the sensitivity in the pedal. Plus you are bouncing all around and you might slip and push on the pedal and there you go. Letting the truck idle up the mountain wasn't quite enough. It was a bit touchy and tough but I did get used to it. I still didn't put it back to stock or turn it down, but that is the only scenario I can see it can get away from you and not be such a good thing.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Longhorn
Engine
Cummins
I had a pedal commander on my 2015 2500 Longhorn until I sold the truck and I really liked it. Like others have mentioned city 4 or 5 was how l liked mine set at. Really makes a difference and I had mine for about 40,000 miles and never had any issues. I tow about every day to.

OP
OP
F

flashman252

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Taking the truck in to get serviced and recall work done (hopefully) so I took the monster off. What a drag this truck is to drive. My foot is tired, feels like I have to floor it to even make the turbo start to spool… can’t believe I drove it for 29k mi like this lol. You all think the dealership would really be upset if they saw a truck roll in for service and warranty work with it installed?