2020 EcoDiesel Upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JFO2020

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
Hi Everyone,

I have had a 2020 Ram Ecodiesel 1500 for about 60K miles. The truck has never had any mechanical issues, been an extremely reliable.

I love the truck, it is my daily driver and I have a 30 mile each way commute to work. For me its the perfect truck, its a limited trim so it is EXTREMELY quiet. Which is nice on Tuesday mornings when you want quiet, I also have 2 kids under two which are always getting shuttled around in it. I haul a 3,500lb or so trailer once a month. Its mostly a highway traveler

So here is my question... I got the Banks Derringer, the data monster gauge, pedal monster & a Banks air filter.

Should I do anything else? I bought a Magnaflow filter back exhaust but I am honestly not sure if Ill install that. I wouldn't mind if the exhaust sounded a little more aggressive. I need this truck to be professional (use it to sell jobs and things of the like). Does anyone have a video of this installed on their truck you wouldn't mind sharing?

Anything else you'd recommend? or not recommend?

Manufacturer warranty is gone now but I do have the extended warranty which I am sure this will void.

I want a little more zip but I also don't wanna turn my 80K truck into something a teenager would drive lol

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
My 2016 Ram 3.0 Eco-diesel has been trouble free
only work that has been done to it, has been recalls

I bought the extended warranty on it, i only have 4 months left on it

I will drive it until trouble sets in, then i will likely repair it

OP
OP
J

JFO2020

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
I think I am gonna try the banks tuner for a while, it is 100% removable without modifying the truck. I doubt something made by them would be around if it tanked motors. I'm not gonna race it and stuff I'm just looking for a little more passing power.

The thing I am on the fence about now is whether or not to install the magnaflow filter back exhaust... does anyone by chance have a video of theirs?

Fuelie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Get rid of the banks stuff and do a GDE tune. Takes care of a lazy eco diesel. Add HP and Torque. Less suet build up. Tunes transmission. If I need warranty service I swap back to original PCM about a 5 min job. I did it to my 23 Limited at 16,000 miles and never looked back. Very happy.
Tom

OP
OP
J

JFO2020

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
Hey guys,

Just got my truck back from the shop.

The tuner really seems to work well, I see why there are so many modes on the pedal monster... in race mode its almost too much for driving on street. The truck is A LOT faster which is nice. Not a rocket but I would say its more in line with a gas V8 option now. I know it will probably void the warranty but he said its pretty easy to remove in a few minutes.

The Magnaflow exhaust seems to be a purely cosmetic change, maybe drops a few pounds from losing the two small mufflers but there is ZERO noticeable sound difference. I would have absolutely no idea there was an aftermarket exhaust on the truck other than the neato looking tips. I always thought it was kind of cheesy how short the stock ones are.

If anyone wants/needs a stock filter back exhaust let me know. If nobody wants it I'll probably just toss it in the scrap pile. There is no way that would affect the warranty at all.

Attachments

• IMG_9400.jpg
    IMG_9400.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_9401.jpg
    IMG_9401.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 8

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members