Bed and Tailgate Mats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BobSacomano

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
4th Gen owners, please enlighten me with your expertise on bed and tailgate mats. Looking for one that fits my 2015 Express, and my wife and I sit on the tailgate a lot, so a padded one would be nice. Who has one they like, and where did you get it?

dexter

Banned
Reaction score
4th Gen owners, please enlighten me with your expertise on bed and tailgate mats. Looking for one that fits my 2015 Express, and my wife and I sit on the tailgate a lot, so a padded one would be nice. Who has one they like, and where did you get it?

Get weathertech it goes up the sides slightly protecting the sides a bit.

gofish101

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Outdoorsman CC
Engine
5.7 hemi

Razzman

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited CCSB
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I went with the Bedrug XLT bed mat and wish I hadn't. First, the attached tailgate cover will absolutely not stay attached. I installed exactly as they said to. The velcro won't stay attached and I've redone the adhesion promoter to no avail. The edges curl up and then it's a lost cause. Second, the mat is starting to fuzz and I don't use the bed for much other golf bags and carts with the occasional camping trip thrown in. Third, if the section between the bed and the tailgate gets pushed down you can't close the tailgate, ya gotta dig it out and lift up, real pain in the ass. After seeing Graygoose posted I wish that one had been available then.

thade

Reaction score
As others have already stated the bedrug is quite nice, and soft. Usually if someone sees it they comment on how nice it is/looks. About the only thing I haul is groceries, and whatever gets put back there stays in place during the trip home. I didn't have any trouble getting the velcro to stick, but my truck was new and has the factory sprayed in bedliner so ymmv. I also have not had any of the issues mentioned by another poster above.

1.jpg 2.jpg

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
I have the separate Bedrug pieces, tailgate mat & the one designed to lay on drop-in liners.
I regularly tailgate at Stewart's drive-in. Soft & comfy.:)

Adamcr68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemifever 5.7
I got a rubber mat & tailgate cover, can’t remember brand, fairly inexpensive mat sits good & my stuff doesn’t slide forward but had to do a lot of trimming to get tailgate to close & add extra screws so it didn’t bubble

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

MikeDee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7