Bed Liner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oscarjt89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Has anybody had any good luck with bed liners?

Papa Red

Papa Red
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have the Mopar bed mat and it's great. The one I'm using I purchased in 2007 and this is the second truck it's been in and I use my bed.

Red

Mike Wenrich

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2004.5, 2023 RAM 2500 Laramie 4x4
Engine
5.9 Diesel, 6.4 Hemi
Really depends on your use. It saves the bed from rusting when the paint is scrapped off. I have had the MOPAR liner in my 2004 since new and it's still in excellent shape despite the abuse. But if you have seen bed liners alongside the road then you know you must secure them. The new truck I have is lined with a spray liner. Not as durable but still pretty tough. If you carry a lot of items that might tear up the original paint or a spray in liner go with a slip in liner and get the bed rail protection too if you have an open bed. I have chrome rail protectors that also help hold the liner in place.

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab & 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I placed a BedRug in my last two trucks and really like them. They are spun plastic that feel like carpet and really save my knees when I crawl around bed. Cleaning is easy with a power washer or self serve car wash hose. Has a rubber foam base so water doesn't penetrate to bed.

Last edited:

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Very happy with my factory spray in liner. It doesn’t see heavy use but for the average Harry Homeowner it’s excellent.

RealTruck

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
BedRug is known for their exceptional materials that are non-absorbent and easy to maintain. The material is practically invincible, holding up to even battery acid! The BedRug Classic Bed Mat is perfect for added protection to your bed that will keep your cargo in place. If you often find yourself in the bed of your truck doing various tasks, the BedRug Impact Bed Mat will provide some extra comfort to your feet and knees while keeping your cargo in place and your bed protected.
1714258165166.png

PM me if you have any questions about this product, would like a pricing quote, or to ensure a perfect fit! You can also email me at [email protected].

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
I just rock the Linex spray in bed liner...
Yes... a mat on top of the spray in would be favorable for more comfort when crawling around...
But for my specific instance's the spray in nails it hands down!

Knee Deep

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I use the spray-in liner and the rubber floor mat in both my current trucks. My last truck had a drop in liner. When I removed it to install my B&W turnover hitch I found that it was wearing the paint off the bed. I will not use them again, plus, they are hard on the Knees. (Had a cap on it before the 5th wheel came along)

DA67Goatman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My factory installed spray in liner has chipped up so I would look for something better. I have tried Herculiner and the Dupont Bedarmor as well as the Rustoleum bedliner with overall poor results. There's a large quality difference from something DIY to something that is professionally sprayed.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
On my 2009, i had the Line-X spray in liner & i just tossed things in it.
I had to have the spray on redone on the tailgate, but that was because i trashed the tailgate.

With spray in liners, if you dent the bed, the Body Shop has to remove the spray liner to fix the sheet metal. $$$

Bedrugs are nice, they are very durable & easy on the knees, which is grand if you have a camper shell, that crawl around on.

Bed Mats are good if you are not hauling rocks or Fire Wood, that could dent the Bed Walls
I would remove anything like a rubber Mat at least once a year, if i lived where it rains on a regular basis