Spray in bed liner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
wrigley

wrigley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Home Depot carries the M6X1.00X20.00 but of course they were out of them at both stores near me. I ordered one from HD online just to make sure it fits and is the correct one. It will be here on Thurs.

Mike

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Don't worry. I have a sense of humor as well. :)

Mike
Not worried, just concerned. There are just a few PPL that Believe everything on the Internet is Gospel. Wanted to just put it out there just in case, LOL.

DA BOIRD

stormcom

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn
Engine
V6
lol. Lucky you’re not replacing lug nuts with mopar parts.

Take one out and get to a good screw store with a good pic of the stock. They might have something similar to stock.
Go to Fastenal. They have them. Fastenal is all over the country and does nothing but screws and bolts.

CaptCurt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I bought the truck new it had a plastic OEM bed liner in it. I decided to have it removed and have a spray in bed liner installed. There are 8 screws in the tail gate that held that portion of the OEM bed liner to the inside of the tail gate. They now stick up about 1/4 - 1/2 inch and are begging from someone to get hurt by them. Can I just remove them? or if they serve a purpose and need to stay there, are there shorter onesView attachment 536227 I can get so they are flush with spray in liner? No one at the place that did the spray in liner said anything about them.

Thanks
Mike
Personally, don't know of any other purpose for them. Id get plastic screws to replace them and flush mount them. You just need to know length and thread corse ness, and order through EBay or Amazon. Screws I needed once I was able to get on EBay.

Aggie12

Reaction score
Ram Year
1997, now 2024
Engine
V-10, now 6.4l Hemi
I may have missed this, but do you have a vise and a hack saw?

Hardracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 1500 laramie 4x4 crew cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm pretty sure like mine...that cover won't fall off if they sprayed over it..
..nevermind I just enlarged the pic after I wrote this.

Last edited:

Ralph Mauro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Take the truck back to where you had it sprayed and have them do the job properly. My truck was sprayed at a Linex in Peterborough On. Canada. The bolts are flush, they can be removed to access inside the tailgate. Yours looks dangerous let alone shotty workmanship.

Ralph Mauro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did you try taking the screws out to see if there is room to thread the screws in all the way? I would think there should be clearance to screw the screws you have down further, but try to remove one and confirm weather there is clearance before forcing it down.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
Am I reading that correctly? Are those $10.76 per bolt? :oops:
Home depot bolt section would be cheap, also shiny plated, but you could sand them and paint black. My truck had the spray in liner in it when I bought it new.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
if you buy reg bolts , you could make washers out of a plastic lid or something, plumbing section would have something like that.
Those are likely a shoulder bolt, I would be taking them out.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
if you buy reg bolts , you could make washers out of a plastic lid or something, plumbing section would have something like that.
Those are likely a shoulder bolt, I would be taking them out.
I've made plastic washers out of the lid to a coffee can. I also use the plastic coffee can lids as targets when I go to the pistol range. If you can hit that 9 out of 10 times with either hand up to the 7-yard mark, you're doing good.

OP
OP
wrigley

wrigley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The screw I ordered from HD came in today. The package actually contained 4 screws and they fit perfect. I will order another package and that will fix the issue. About $7 for the 8 screws.

Thanks again,

Mike