Bed Liners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fergusontd

FTD
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone know who does the factory bedliners in Warren Michigan for the 1500's?2c7ebc53b790802616c593ce2fd461cf.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Razzman

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited CCSB
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Well I would imagine the factory does, I can’t imagine they’d have someone else do them it’s not cost effective.

damnimcooltom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I, too, would imagine they would do it in-house, but I was wondering if they use one of the brand technologies, or formulated their own. Looking at a new one at the dealer, it seems a lot closer to Line-X than Rhino. Rhino is kind of sticky, while Line-X seems more slippery. The one at the dealer was sort of slippery.

damnimcooltom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Speaking of slippery... I got up into my painted bed the other day when it was warm but had snow in it. Holy crap. I could barely stand.

Jstmahoney

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 5.7 Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
5.7 hemi
I, too, would imagine they would do it in-house, but I was wondering if they use one of the brand technologies, or formulated their own. Looking at a new one at the dealer, it seems a lot closer to Line-X than Rhino. Rhino is kind of sticky, while Line-X seems more slippery. The one at the dealer was sort of slippery.
My new truck has a factory spray in liner. It looks and feels more like line-x to me. My old truck we had line-x sprayed in after we bought it. After I had some body work done on my old truck they had to replace the driver side outer bed skin so the rail on the driver side and tailgate were resprayed with rhino lining. That stuff was so cheap I hated it. Scraped it to the metal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

damnimcooltom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My new truck has a factory spray in liner. It looks and feels more like line-x to me. My old truck we had line-x sprayed in after we bought it. After I had some body work done on my old truck they had to replace the driver side outer bed skin so the rail on the driver side and tailgate were resprayed with rhino lining. That stuff was so cheap I hated it. Scraped it to the metal.

I had Rhino in my 04 I just traded. It was pretty thick, and held up really well for 13 years. It could vary by location, I guess.

It was pretty tacky, and stuff didn't slide around in the bed. My friend has the Line-X, and it was slippery, and stuff slid around a lot. His was easier to slide stuff into and out of the bed than mine, so both had advantages.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Google which is th closest line x to the dealer and that’s where they take it lol. There is no way it’s done at factory or dealer. Just my opinion

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I don't believe that it's done in the shop because whenever we order a truck with a liner, the last step before it is released to us is "JB - Shipped to body vender" which means that it has been sent off site for extra work, like bed liners, decals, body kits, etc. There are several things that a vehicle may have that had to go to an off-site facility for final assembly.

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
My 14 ram had a bed liner sprayed in after I purchased off the lot, basically had to bring it back for a few days. Was taken to a real line x place and they did a good job. It was slippery especially when wet, so much I put a deezee rubber bed mat down on top to help. I knoticed the line x was much thicker and courser compared to a factory liner I just saw a week or two ago at the dealer.

On my new 18 I opted for the bed rug bedtred liner that basically feels and looks like a spray in liner but much softer on the knees. I also put the mat back in bc well I liked it so much lol. I liked the mat more than the spray in liner honestly.

Pics below are of the new bed rug Bedtred and my Deezee bed mat :)

8F4FB5B5-7CD1-4FC2-9659-01C4EB91C15D.jpeg

74AA337B-1DB9-42D9-A529-65201D832544.jpeg

4959391D-C34D-49BF-BDD0-CBDE6ACD95AD.jpeg

D5959902-FC6C-4A19-88E4-00906A9954B6.jpeg

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca