Bed Step Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DJ52

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Have 2021 3500 Mega cab dually Laramie would like to install the bed step for access to the bed being the truck has the blind spot sensors and parking sensors will they be affected by the step or is it tucked under far enough to not be picked up by sensors. I know as soon as you install a ball in the receiver it is picked up by the parking sensors. Just want to make sure before spending the money.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Have the bed step on my 2500 SRW long bed. No issues with the parking sensors. It tucks in so far no way the sensor could see it. Never tried driving it with the step deployed.

Razzman

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited CCSB
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have the bigger AMP step, Mopar one was just too small. Sensors don't see it either way.

JayLeonard

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 L Cummins
I also installed an AMP step and it's not in the way of the sensors.IMG_2427.JPG

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Have 2021 3500 Mega cab dually Laramie would like to install the bed step for access to the bed being the truck has the blind spot sensors and parking sensors will they be affected by the step or is it tucked under far enough to not be picked up by sensors. I know as soon as you install a ball in the receiver it is picked up by the parking sensors. Just want to make sure before spending the money.
The sensors for the BSM are in the tail lamp assembly. What kind of receiver hitch do you have that gets detected by the backup sensors? I don't have that issue. I have the Amp bed step mounted on the driver's side corner as shown above.

Zoe Saldana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
The best thing to get is a 3 step latter from Home Depot - you can use it to get into the bed and reach into the engine bay. Much safer then the also.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
The best thing to get is a 3 step latter from Home Depot - you can use it to get into the bed and reach into the engine bay. Much safer then the also.
I have the bed step but like you also bought a 3 step ladder. Getting old sucks and they keep making these pickups taller.
Also, makes a decent chair if you are having lunch off the tailgate.

98112_01536799_001_s.jpg

Last edited:

Zoe Saldana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
I have the bed step but like you also bought a 3 step ladder. Getting old sucks and they keep making these pickups taller.
Also, makes a decent chair if you are having lunch off the tailgate.

View attachment 483905

I saw this at a show today. They also 5 gal bucket coolers - two together?

They also sell 5 gal bucket toilet seats - it is a wonderful world.