Bench seat cup holder question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stormcom

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn
Engine
V6
I have a 2019 bighorn with bench seat. If I raise the center, I lose my cupholders. Has anyone come up with a way to attach 2 cup holders to the front of the console. I bought it for the leg room and will not have people in the center but want to put the center up. Would have thought Ram thought of this?

OP
OP
stormcom

stormcom

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn
Engine
V6
I am looking for one that is the height of the seat. Maybe something that will screw to the front of the seat. Take the cup holder from the top (get a second one) and attach it to the bottom front part of the seat. I thought maybe someone has done domething like that.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Cup holder issues. Talk about your first-world problems :p
Sounds like you're over-complicating the solution. But have at it. Sorry, I haven't seen any elaborate solutions like you're thinking of doing.

I've used the type of organizer GTyankee suggested when I needed a cup holder in older trucks. They worked surprisingly well and come in different heights and configurations.

OP
OP
stormcom

stormcom

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn
Engine
V6
I have a physical disability and cannot bend over and down. I need it up about 6 inches off carpet. I will post what I find. I like the leg stretch of the bench but not the lack of storage on the big horn. I am thinking about talking to a cabinet maker and see if they can make me something. I just thought I would not have to reinvent the wheel.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
They make taller ones than i posted

I was thinking about if i posted a taller unit, you would lose the pull out drawer at the bottom of the Center Dash Bezel

I had a Chevy that i built a console for
Because of shape of the dash, i made the part with the CB Radio & the switches removeable by sliding the top part towards the seat
The bottom of the unit had Velcro strip holding it from sliding

1645747463468.png

1645747511324.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
stormcom

stormcom

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn
Engine
V6
Thank you for the pics. You are right about the drawer. However, I can't reach it so I can't use it anyway. I do like the height of your base. We have had 2 - 3 inches of sleet and ice in North Texas so today is a good day to work on this. My dealer gave me the name of a van conversion supply house to look at. Will let you know.

Well, the answer is down to 3. Jeep JK rear seat holder, pontoon boat holder ( 7" tall), and one that goes in the crack of the seat. Let you know when they come in.

Last edited: