Best chrome tow hitch step opinions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matty P

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I’ve been looking around for a solid and sweet looking tow hitch step. I wasn’t sure to post here or in the towing and hauling section… The catch is a lot of them are made in china and not very durable and adverse to corrosion. I’d like a chrome colored step to match my bumper. A second lower step is a plus. What do you guys have? Is it durable?

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
If you want to avoid corrosion on your hitch, and I have years of first-hand knowledge, go with aluminum. I run Weight Safe hitches on both my trucks. Yes, they are expensive but you only have to buy them once. If you sign up for emails from them, you will get email notifications of their site-wide 20% off sales from time to time. The one on my 3500 is an 8-inch drop with built-in scale and is as old as the truck and looks new. I also have their gooseneck hitch with scale and a 6" drop with scale for my 2022.

chopperman1

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Rebel
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Consider going with a corner step. Hitch steps are useless when the tailgate is down. This is the one I use:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinRam1500