Best jack for a lifted quad cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

codyusaf04

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi Sport
Hey guys,
I've recently been doing some mods to my truck and now that it has a 5 inch lift and some big tires I started thinking about accessories i might need to keep with the truck. After looking at some diagrams of the lift-points for my truck, would it be safe to say that a "Hi-lift trail jack" wouldn't work for my truck? The lift/jack points are relatively far underneath the body...from videos I've seen on youtube, it looks as though the hi-lift jacks are more for jeeps....What can you guys recommend for a good jack to use that can handle the weight?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

2004 Ram Hemi Sport Quad Cab

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You can use a bottle jack under the rear axle. I used to do it with my jeep with 35 inch tires.

Hi-lifts are dangerous, and should only be used carefully and only on the trail.

If you have to use one, be sure to compress the suspension with a ratchet strap around the axle and frame (rear) or around the lower control arm in the front. This minimizes the amount you have to lift, and reduces the risk of the foot kicking out. You only have to ratchet it so the suspension can't droop.

Last edited:

Trenton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
bottle or trolley jack and carry a jack all on the trail they are great for winching pushing lifting and fixing bent parts

OP
OP
C

codyusaf04

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi Sport
thanks guys---i'll look into those!

MoosaWala

Reaction score
you may use a bottle jack underneath the rear axle. I used to do it with my jeep with 35 inch tires.
hello-lifts are risky, and ought to handiest be used carefully and most effective at the trail.
when you have to apply one, make sure to compress the suspension with a ratchet strap around the axle and frame (rear) or across the decrease manage arm within the front. I am going to share this thread https://www.ramforum.com/threads/best-gosloto-jack-for-a-lifted-quad-cab.62318/ to my kith and kin who want to know about that. This minimizes the quantity you need to lift, and reduces the threat of the foot kicking out. You handiest have to ratchet it so the suspension can't hunch.