Recommended Jack for 6" lift Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdn cj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I learned the hard way that lifting from the bumper allowed droop and barely got the tire off the ground to get it off.

I’ve always strapped the axle to the frame before trying a bumper lift. Although my CJ has the flex of a dump truck …..

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Exhaust powered, had one in the Jeep, took a couple of tries but got it balanced with all 4 tires off the ground (advertised 31.5" lift). Gave it to a nephew when I traded in the Jeeps

stock photo
1708573579482.png

OP
OP
Ramo70

Ramo70

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Exhaust powered, had one in the Jeep, took a couple of tries but got it balanced with all 4 tires off the ground (advertised 31.5" lift). Gave it to a nephew when I traded in the Jeeps

stock photo
View attachment 537997
Interesting and thinking dangerous at the same time. Have to make sure car does not flip over and the carbon monoxide when done, def outdoor use.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
Just a note on "Jack All's", farm jacks , they are a great jack on the farm for machinery and such.
But not for these newer trucks with all the plastic.
They will also kill you. School mate of the son was killed when he was under a car jacked up with one of these, No jack stands in use. the bases on these are not ridged and if you jack both wheels off the ground , it will pivot sideways and fall.

Bigdaddyii

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My Ram is lifted 6” and the factory jack lifts it enough to change a tire. Also the factory 18” spare will fit on a front corner. Not pretty but enough to get my butt off the side of the road. Just stuff I tried when I got the truck to make sure I could self rescue with what was provided or know that I needed to upgrade.

Attachments

• IMG_6399.jpeg
    IMG_6399.jpeg
    207.5 KB · Views: 4