Best Mods for Under $100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

PapaCap

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
3.0 liter eco-diesel
How bored are we that money is spent on this stuff!

Here's what I do with things that I may regret buying in the future.

Write it down and if I still want it in 30 days I buy it.

Usually if I put it on the list I don't.
You sound like my mother...LOL

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I found this cup holder organizer on amazon... it was listed for a Jeep Grand Cherokee but fits the middle cup holder of the fold down console. I’m digging it so far, can fit my phone and wallet in it and still utilize the cup holder if needed.:cool:
View attachment 211025
I like the cup holder, and what is that tray on the floor ? Thanks

nowukno

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Well..spent past few days here n there going thru this entire thread lol...just ordered the tailgate assist, dark blue welt cord , cravenspeed shorty antenna , LED bulbs thru the cab , rpc cell phone holder and a hitch plug cover. Will post pics once everything is received and installed.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Custom engine bay lights: $10

Super bright, even total illumination for a night time fix. I like this way better than the OEM light as this puts out way more illumination.

Parts:

- LED light strip, 5050 SMD IP67 cool white, 300 LEDs/5m length off of eBay for $4. The Buy It Now price is higher so I went for the bid.

- Ball bearing switch, which is on when the hood is up, off when you close the hood, $4 at a local shop for a 10 pack.

- Harbor Freight 8” black zip ties for $2

Very easy to do. Simply:

1. Pull down the engine bay liner by pulling the retaining clips out

2. Place the LED strip where you want, cut if desired, then wire the strip in series.

3. Cut small slits on both sides of the LED strip, then use those slits to pass the zip tie through and secure. Personal preference: please the female end of the zip tie on the backside of the lining so it is not visible/cleaner look.

4. I couldn’t find the part number for the male plug for the OEM engine bay light, so I spiced into the harness on the passenger side where the OEM plug is. It is a constant power so that is why a ball bearing or mercury switch is needed.

5. Have enough wire to run down the hood support arm to the plug above the firewall, put the lining up and you’re done!

You can chose any color LED you want, but I recommend IP67 rated for and water that it would be exposed to. If you want to go the extra mile, you can get the RGB LED light strips then you can change to any color you want, then have it flash patterns (DO NOT DO ON THE ROAD). There are kits out there in excess of $20 with a hood switch, but only a short length of an LED strip. I like my method for the price so options are out there. Lastly, you can wire this to a switch instead of a ball bearing/mercury switch.

Enjoy your new illumination!

View attachment 210185
Freudian slip in #3?

joelmic

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 Express Quad Cab 3.6L 4x4 20x9 Wheels
Engine
Well..spent past few days here n there going thru this entire thread lol...just ordered the tailgate assist, dark blue welt cord , cravenspeed shorty antenna , LED bulbs thru the cab , rpc cell phone holder and a hitch plug cover. Will post pics once everything is received and installed.

Going thru this entire thread will result in going thru your entire bank account, and savings!!!

nowukno

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Got a few items today..more to come but today i installed the cellphone holder and LED lights throughout the cab/license plate/cargo ...a little comparison here..20200618_192632.jpg 20200618_192638.jpg 20200618_192645.jpg 20200618_192724.jpg 20200618_192752.jpg

Elcy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I found this cup holder organizer on amazon... it was listed for a Jeep Grand Cherokee but fits the middle cup holder of the fold down console. I’m digging it so far, can fit my phone and wallet in it and still utilize the cup holder if needed.:cool:
View attachment 211025

After seeing this I bought one. Great addition to my truck. Thanks!

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7