Best Mods for Under $100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HandyAndy09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Is that the God forsakenly bright jumpseat console handle? That screams for something NOT chrome covering it! Might be just what I need to get my butt in gear and pick up some vinyl wrap material.

Yes that’s exactly what it is, it was ******* me off for long time, every time I drove on the street at night it was like strobe light flashing in to my face from street lamps....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I put a anti glare screen protector on my 8.4 screen, it works really well, and removes all sun glare. Picked it up on Amazon soon after I got my truck. It has held up very well, with very minimal fingerprints.

When you look at touch screens after years of use, you can see wear spots, this will prevent that. It’s also cheap enough that I can change it every year or so.

Here is the item:
Tuff Protect Clear Screen Protectors For 2015 Dodge Ram 1500 2500 8.4" Uconnect Touchscreen Car Navigation Screen https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AVI3HGO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_8j7HAbXD7T52S

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in

rwreuter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got my self 14$ roll of 4D Carbon Fiber vinyl and did this [emoji4]

75a54ae429ab6f253058e74233563dc2.jpg

Will see how it holds over time as the original surface wasn’t very smooth.

6e4d0a428aa0127e1588ea08b4643010.jpg

How difficult is that stuff to install......is it possible for someone who has NO experience with it to get it to look like what you did?

Did you have to remove and bezels to get it to wrap around?

HandyAndy09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Where did you get that stuff?

I have got to do this.

Thanks!

I do car lettering on the side so I’m buying it from my supplier but I think you can find it on Amazon,Wish or someone in your area who does car wraps and lettering will sell some to you.

How difficult is that stuff to install......is it possible for someone who has NO experience with it to get it to look like what you did?

Did you have to remove and bezels to get it to wrap around?

I have seen people doing it without removing it but I didn’t like the results, so I took mine out and took whole thing a part. I would say if you have just little bit of experience with vinyl films you should be able to do it, it’s bit harder to work with as carbon fiber is much thicker film and you have to be careful with stretching it in order to keep weave undisturbed otherwise it creates wavy pattern and it doesn’t look good. So I guess if you are handy, take your time with good quality supplies, maybe watch some videos on YouTube, you should be able to wrap it by your self. And most important , don’t skip on good prep work before wrapping, that can make difference between 6 months wrap or 5-6 years one.

Deepc6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Etorque
Bought the glass screen protector for the 8.4 from Amazon on a lightning deal for 8 bucks.
This is my third vehicle in a row with the 8.4 and I don't know why I haven't tried this. It's pretty simple peel and stick. And it makes the screen feel and look a lot more premium imofc43abd2460231cee2aa86b2224294cf.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

How is the screen with the backup camera, according to a few places the screen is not clear when the backup camera is on with this screen protector.

BIG RED HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L/392CI
DZ Tailgate assist
IMG_0285.jpg

DZ Bed Mat

Saves your knees. May not be a big thing, to younger guys but us fat old farts like them.

IMG_0286.jpg

Stock Air Box Cold Air Intake Mod

cai04.jpg

RMI-25 Radiator Treatment

81sjpcy8T9L._SL1500_.jpg

Paint engine cover

01-t.jpg

OEM Door Cup Holders

They go inside your door panel for extra bottle holder location.

Door%20Cup%20Holder.jpg

Nice engine cover!!

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab & 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How does a catch can add HP??

I unfortunately didn't state that correctly. If the owner doesn't apply the decal that comes with the can in the proper location they might not get the full HP increase.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Just added these (got 4) a few days ago flush mount stainless bull ring anchors: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PGH959E/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 They look great and at only $15/ea I don't see why every RAM owner wouldn't have them unless you have a camper shell or rack blocking your stake pockets. I used a box cutter to cut out the scribed areas of the bed rail which worked fine don't need to use a router like they suggest.

View attachment 120143

IF I did not have a Topper, I would so have a bunch of these.

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
The bull rings are great. Bought two pair but on the eight foot bed the front pockets required a slightly bigger plate. Called the manufacturer and they sent me out the correct pair and didn't want the others back. Now I have a set in every pocket on the truck.

SHOOT2KILL

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015...2500H.D.
Engine
So far the best mod I have done to this RAM is the FOR SALE signs I taped to the windows...

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
oh... we're back to that one again....

BTD07

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How is the screen with the backup camera, according to a few places the screen is not clear when the backup camera is on with this screen protector.

I've not noticed any difference

BTD07

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would like to hear what you have to say after a couple weeks with it regarding fingerprints. That is my biggest concern with these so far.
It's not a couple weeks but we spent about 20 hours in the car over the weekend on a short trip, and here is the damage. I'm not upset about the amount of prints. The regular screen would still show some smudges. I'm ocd about all my screens being clean but this barely bothers me. What bothers me more is how much the dash attracts dust lol. That was the worst part about the screen before and unfortunately the glass still attracts as much dust. But all in all I'm much happier with it.

3561edd73599366f3c6aa816fd174532.jpg

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
It's not a couple weeks but we spent about 20 hours in the car over the weekend on a short trip, and here is the damage. I'm not upset about the amount of prints. The regular screen would still show some smudges. I'm ocd about all my screens being clean but this barely bothers me. What bothers me more is how much the dash attracts dust lol. That was the worst part about the screen before and unfortunately the glass still attracts as much dust. But all in all I'm much happier with it.

I don't know what year truck you have but if you don't already have one I highly recommend a cabin air filter. Much less dust...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Last edited: