Best Mods for Under $100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

9th

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How do you like it? Seems like a poor man's Throttle Commander and I've been waiting to hear more reviews...thoughts?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
I like it, no issue since day 1(Installed: Nov 2018).
Lol on Poorman's TC....all I know the other one is over priced...over advertised!

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I like it, no issue since day 1(Installed: Nov 2018).
Lol on Poorman's TC....all I know the other one is over priced...over advertised!
Thanks, I've had it in my cart for months...

Reactions: 9th

9th

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks, I've had it in my cart for months...

The review of popular TC is almost same as this. Of course the advantage of overpriced product is the after sales support, fw updates, etc. I'm not sold out with they says it is a US made.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
The review of popular TC is almost same as this. Of course the advantage of overpriced product is the after sales support, fw updates, etc. I'm not sold out with they says it is a US made.
Guarantee it is "assembled" in the USA.

NapaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
It's done at the factory now. I believe since 2017...

I have a 2015 Express and did this mod a while back. I think it was strange the cavity for the filter was always there just never completed as standard until 17. I mean why have it ALMOST ready to go but not complete it?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
If I had to guess, cost and consumer expectations maybe? I agree though...it is strange.

tma777

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
how hard to install this?

It wasn’t too bad actually, I watched some YouTube videos and then went for it. I practiced on one handle a couple times until I was satisfied with the result.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2015 Express and did this mod a while back. I think it was strange the cavity for the filter was always there just never completed as standard until 17. I mean why have it ALMOST ready to go but not complete it?
Why fool with it? I don't understand what difference it will ultimately make?

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Its $103 but im posting it anyway.

66RFE and 68RFE transmission line baypass block replacment. Stops the “bypass” feature of the OEM block and sends trans fluid to the cooler FULL TIME as it should.

OEM block has a thermostat in it and will only send fluid to the cooler once it reaches 170°. This new part is just a straight through design with no thermostat.

FCA put this on to keep the oil hotter there for yielding a very small percentage increase in gas mileage savings over thousands of trucks.

Its all about CAFE point’s.

Part Could drop full operating temps by up to 50 degrees as seen by a member here.

https://www.dieselpowerproducts.com...ypass-valve-delete-13-18-67l-ram-cummins.aspx

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Why fool with it? I don't understand what difference it will ultimately make?

The small particles the filter catches DO NOT end up adhering to/corroding away your heater core or A/C Condenser.
Want to know how quickly a little atmospheric humidity and wind borne dust particles can mess up your system. Talk to a portable A?/C repairman.
Back in the 1970's, 90% of the units my Dad and I got called out to repair, due to poor operation or lack of cooling, only needed to be cleaned.

Better yet. remove the kick panel from your refrigerator and take a gander at how crusty that coil appears.

This Spring, grab some bottles of 409, spray the crap out of your outside Central Air unit, then grab your garden house and slowly spray concentrated spray along the individual fins. Round about July, compare your electrical usage to last years.

Firewall

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi

66RFE and 68RFE transmission line baypass block replacment. Stops the “bypass” feature of the OEM block and sends trans fluid to the cooler FULL TIME as it should.

OEM block has a thermostat in it and will only send fluid to the cooler once it reaches 170°. This new part is just a straight through design with no thermostat.

FCA put this on to keep the oil hotter there for yielding a very small percentage increase in gas mileage savings over thousands of trucks.

Part Could drop full operating temps by up to 50 degrees as seen by a member here.

https://www.dieselpowerproducts.com...ypass-valve-delete-13-18-67l-ram-cummins.aspx

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

This is interesting, may have to look into this some more. Thanks for posting!

NoStopN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

I know that 2wd 2019 Rams have a rear axle warming system. I need to check & see if it's just a set of pipes going to the front of the truck or if it has sort of block module like your transmission. If they have a block, I might have to look for something like this for it.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

Random_Walk

...what's this bolt do? *plink* ...oh.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 QC 4WD SLT