Best OBD scanner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

limechallenger

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 4x4 Sport regular cab
Engine
5.7 hemi
With technology advancing so rapidly I'm wondering if anyone has found a OBD scanner that reads everything on our Ram trucks? I just want to buy the best available that does more than just engine codes.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
On e you have the MX+ you could buy AlfaOBD also, there is lots of diagnostic/testing abilities along with configuration and setting changes.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
On e you have the MX+ you could buy AlfaOBD also, there is lots of diagnostic/testing abilities along with configuration and setting changes.
^^^This^^^, but to be the best you must buy AlfaOBD or the OBDmx+ is only another generic scanner. AlfaOBD is what makes it the best. It gives you access to all of the modules in our rams and all other Chrysler Dodge vehicles. You can modify settings like change the tire pressure range if you buy better tires. I was able to replace all bulbs from incandescent to LED and set it to read led values to determine bulb out failures. which my dealer claimed they couldn't do. The software is around 50 bucks.

Last edited: