Best speedometer calibration tool for 5th gen 1500?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bourbonboy43

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've already looked through the handful of existing threads about this, but I don't really understand alfaOBD. I went to the website and it's only available on android and pc, and I've got an iphone. I'm only interested in getting my speedo calibrated as I don't plan to do any tunes. What works best for everyone just for that. I've seen inline units and units that flash the ecm. I'm open to learning more about alfa is someone has time to help. Like to stay under 300 bucks if possible.

OP
OP
bourbonboy43

bourbonboy43

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I didn't think it worked like that with RC's calibrator. I thought you couldn't use on more than one vehicle?

SniperDroid

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Did you make changes to the drive train that would warrant a speedometer change. Stock my 2500 is only 1 mph low at 65 miles per hour. Not enough to fret about.

OP
OP
bourbonboy43

bourbonboy43

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you make changes to the drive train that would warrant a speedometer change. Stock my 2500 is only 1 mph low at 65 miles per hour. Not enough to fret about.
I bought the truck used and the speedo was 5 or so mph off at 65-70. I run GPS speedo most drives but was most worried about shift points being off and the occasional brain fart of forgetting to mind my speed. I ended up getting a Superchips Flashcal. Measured my tires (34") and adjusted up from 31" that the truck was showing and it's dead on accurate now with GPS. Took about 10 minutes.