Big Horn leather vented seats?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Racing Woody

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have a 14 Big Horn that came with Cloth power, heated seats and steering wheel. The dash control module is

PN 56054513AA. It has traction control, tow/haul, Park assist front and rear, heated seats, and heated steering wheel buttons.

I installed a set of Laramie Leather, heated, vented, lumbar, and memory seats from a not sure year, but plugs all match. When plugged in the heat and power worked.

Driver side seat has 1 yellow plug, and 3 grey plugs, large, medium and small greys. All seat plugs have a matching chassis plug minus the smallest grey that has 6 green wires.

I also have a separate dash control panel that came with the seats,

PN 68247630AA, it has traction, tow/haul, park assist rear (no front), heat, vent, and heated steering. I was hoping just plugging this in would allow the vented portion Of the leather seats to work, but it did not. All other buttons on The panel worked, just not the vented buttons

Any idea what is still needed to get the vented portion of the seats to work with the dash control panel. Not interested in having the cooling stuff show up on the radio and trying to find a code for the dealer to upload. Just looking to power the vented portion. Am I missing the chassis side small grey (6 green wires) and whatever it goes to? I was really hoping the small grey was for the memory portion of the seats.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If this is as simple as adding a power jumper to one of the other plugs to power up the vented portion that would be awesome. Also from reading the threads I believe my seats should have all appropriate relays and modules attached.

Thanks,

Kevin

Last edited:

bellaireroad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had the same setup on my 2017 RT, and did not need any extra wiring. However it needs to be turned on in the body control module. Either through the dealer or with alpha OBD. I used alpha OBD. Search heated ventilated seats on the forum ... there’s a big thread on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
Racing Woody

Racing Woody

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I had the same setup on my 2017 RT, and did not need any extra wiring. However it needs to be turned on in the body control module. Either through the dealer or with alpha OBD. I used alpha OBD. Search heated ventilated seats on the forum ... there’s a big thread on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks for the clarification. I thought I had read it didn’t need programmed for I use with the hard buttons, and only if I wanted it displayed on the radio interface. Looks like it is time to buy the Alpha OBD

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the clarification. I thought I had read it didn’t need programmed for I use with the hard buttons, and only if I wanted it displayed on the radio interface. Looks like it is time to buy the Alpha OBD
Yeah I think there is 2 settings... One actually enables the vented seats, the other gives the controls on screen.

When I put heated seats in my big horn I left the on screen controls off for a bit just to see if the hard buttons only would work and they did.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

scott_intx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah I think there is 2 settings... One actually enables the vented seats, the other gives the controls on screen.

When I put heated seats in my big horn I left the on screen controls off for a bit just to see if the hard buttons only would work and they did.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Any idea the setting? I can’t seem to get mine onscreen.