Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ulises1775

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just had my Bilstein 6112s set at 2.8" along with Zone offroad UCAs installed today. When I went to pick up my truck, the receptionist asked if I wanted my old leaf springs, which threw me off. 1) I was under the belief leaf spring were for rear ends not front ends.
2) I didn't know the Bilstein coilovers would replace the leaf springs.
I'm new to this truck stuff so any information helps. Thanks in advance!

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
You sure they didnt put something in the back? Lol. What truck model & year

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Last edited:

brad_12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Shouldn't be any leaf springs to give back on your 2017 Ram. Maybe the receptionist doesn't know what any of the old parts are called and went with what somebody had said from another vehicle.

Only thing they could give back is old struts and control arms.

OP
OP
Ulises1775

Ulises1775

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Shouldn't be any leaf springs to give back on your 2017 Ram. Maybe the receptionist doesn't know what any of the old parts are called and went with what somebody had said from another vehicle.

Only thing they could give back is old struts and control arms.

Thats what I was thinking. Lol, thanks!

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just had my Bilstein 6112s set at 2.8" along with Zone offroad UCAs installed today. When I went to pick up my truck, the receptionist asked if I wanted my old leaf springs, which threw me off. 1) I was under the belief leaf spring were for rear ends not front ends.
2) I didn't know the Bilstein coilovers would replace the leaf springs.
I'm new to this truck stuff so any information helps. Thanks in advance!

I'm sure she meant coil springs and yes you should go back and get all your old parts, struts and coils etc. There is a lower seat on the OEM struts that is not sold seperately