Bilstein adjustable shocks 2.8 with 35x12.5 nittos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jrsuperstar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey everyone,

Finally hooking my baby up with a leveling kit and 35’s. I went with the bilstein 5100 adjustable shocks and Nitto Terra Grappler G2’s 35 x 12.5 x 20. Keeping my stock 20 x 8 rims so also went with a 2” hub centric spacers to ensure clearance all the way around. While it’s up on lift I also went with the Borla S-type cat back system and K & N series 77 cold air intake. I’ll post pics once we finish the install. Doing it all on Saturday. Any do’s or don’ts I should look out for? First time posting sorry for the novel or if it breaks any rules

E-rok

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a similar setup as you, 2.8 with 35s and wheel spacers. I had to push back the rear of the fender liners while putting a heat gun to it to reform it, and I zip tied them back a bit too.

I also highly recommend aftermarket UCAs that realign your upper ball joint. I used RC UCAs and the ride is great.

Last edited:

Cshaffer126

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I did exactly what E-Rok did. Be careful off-roading if you bottom out hard enough your wheels will contact your fenders and bend/crumple them. Ask me how I know.....

031F2B99-EE3A-438E-9AA5-2156F2592C68.jpeg

RamRuss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Are the RC UCA's any good? Is the quality comparable to stock? Just see the price difference between the Zone, ReadyLift, JBA UCA's and am a little thrown back. Just curious what to do when I get my Bils set at 2.8 put on.

E-rok

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Are the RC UCA's any good? Is the quality comparable to stock? Just see the price difference between the Zone, ReadyLift, JBA UCA's and am a little thrown back. Just curious what to do when I get my Bils set at 2.8 put on.

The quality seems fine to me. The balljoint is greaseable, the looks are fine. Not much to it really.

BrewCrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L

I run the Ready Lift UCAs and they have been great as well. Anything is a big improvement over stock TBH. There are several guys on the Forum that run stock UCAs with the Bils and have no issues as well. I added mine for piece of mind.