Stay with superlift or go BDS?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bear run

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
****moved to lifted****

Hello yall, it's my first post here and I could really use some help! I have an 09 1500 quad cab that I had the dealer put the 4" superlift on. I currently need rear control arms, and since this will be my 3rd set with just 125k I decided to beef them up with the adjustable ones from apoc industries. I also need ball joints and shocks all the way around. I currently have 5100's, and this will be my third set as well. I carry a lot of weight in the back between the cap, 35" spare, and 14ga steel toolbox that goes the length of the bed. I asked the shop about upgrading to something heavier duty for the upper control arms but they said with the knuckles from superlift, that icon said to leave them stock. The shop suggested I go with the 4" bds lift, but side by side they look almost exactly the same. I have no issue with the lift, but as I'm doing a lot more offroad, coupled with living in the mountains, I'm wearing things out fast. I know the superlift is 10 years old, but can the similar looking bds be 1500$ not counting installation better. I feel like I should just maybe fix what's broken, and upgrade the shocks to maybe fox, or the bilstein 6112, but I read here that people had unresolved fitment issues with the 6112 and 4" superlift. Do I stay bilstein or spend the extra for bds??? Of note If I go with the bds I believe I can upgrade to coilovers down the road, as I don't have the 4k for the kit alone right now. I haven't seen that option for the superlift. Sorry for a book, and thank you for any help!!!

Last edited:

REDE2GO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would post this in the lifted section there are some knowledgeable guys over there

OP
OP
bear run

bear run

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks. Is there any way to move it or I have to copy and paste it?

REDE2GO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you can copy and paste it to make it easier but unfortunately I don't know how to do things like that. I'm a simpleton. Wish I could be more of a help lol

OP
OP
bear run

bear run

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Me to unfortunately. I copied and pasted, but now I can't figure out how to delete this one. I'm trying not to be a tool bag on my first post, lol

REDE2GO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not at all you didn't know. I saw you posted there hopefully you get some good info

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Just wait for the mod to move it for you.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I would not buy either brand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If the truck is already lifted, changing to another is pretty useless. Replace your wear items with quality components and enjoy.