Body Lift Steering Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LeeS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoalDiesel
Just had the Performance Accessories 3" body lift installed on my 2015 1500 EcoD and everything is great except that my steering now has a little play in it. When driving in a straight line there is some play from 12 o'clock to 1 o'clock which was never there before. The kit was installed by a professional mechanic with extensive experience with suspension and body lifts. Any input before I call him on Tuesday would be really appreciated. Thanks!

2014greatwhite

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There is a steering extension that they put on. Make sure it is tight. Only thing I can think of. Maybe someone else will have another idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Just had the Performance Accessories 3" body lift installed on my 2015 1500 EcoD and everything is great except that my steering now has a little play in it. When driving in a straight line there is some play from 12 o'clock to 1 o'clock which was never there before. The kit was installed by a professional mechanic with extensive experience with suspension and body lifts. Any input before I call him on Tuesday would be really appreciated. Thanks!
The steering extension comes with the kit but I remember reading issues with the diesels that is why they specify (gas) on their website. Another strange thing is they stopped making kits for 2016+ the HD trucks are gone and they only offer a 2” kit. I’ll see if I can dig up the diesel article I read. I own a suspension shop and we don’t do body lifts for multiple reasons so I don’t pay close attention to the changes.

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Check your intermediate Steering shaft

OP
OP
LeeS

LeeS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoalDiesel
The steering extension comes with the kit but I remember reading issues with the diesels that is why they specify (gas) on their website. Another strange thing is they stopped making kits for 2016+ the HD trucks are gone and they only offer a 2” kit. I’ll see if I can dig up the diesel article I read. I own a suspension shop and we don’t do body lifts for multiple reasons so I don’t pay close attention to the changes.
Thanks brother, I really appreciate it. Also my instruction sheets state gas and diesel 1500's compatibility

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Thanks brother, I really appreciate it. Also my instruction sheets state gas and diesel 1500's compatibility
Cool. Im glad it specified it. It may have been something with The fuel fill and DEF. but I’m racking my brain because I thought I read something about steering. There website is not the greatest.

OP
OP
LeeS

LeeS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoalDiesel
My mechanic just got back to me and is going to take a look at it tomorrow even though it's a holiday up here in Canada.... fingers crossed

Lyle Longboat

2011 Ram 1500 5.7 Sport CC
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the same extension from PA and had the exact same issue on my 2011 Ram 1500. Have to make sure the bolt is tightened right down. It feels like it’s tight “enough”, however there was still play in it. I had to use a breaker bar and use some force in order for the extension to clamp around the rack pin. No more wiggle after that and the steering was tight. Could have been just my extension but maybe this is the issue your having.