Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Intake

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Tuner

Votes: 28 63.6%
  • Other (please specify in comments)

Votes: 2 4.5%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cwils80

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I completely agree with @MoparBrent. I have a complete stock exhaust and stock 5.7 with the 8sp and 3.92 gears. But I do have the PCM swap along with a jay greene tune and that is hands down the biggest power increase I will probably see without getting headers / CAM. For your next mod I would definitely save up for a extra PCM and tuner. It is more expensive but atleast you have a second PCM incase something happens.

I've heard many many stories of guys going to get a recall done and they flash the PCM and guys are either unable to tune their truck after or the PCM crashes completely. And having the second one could be a life saver. Wish I did it.... scared to get some recalls done. Can't have a dead truck at a dealership.

MoparBrent

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also not to steer your post away from engine/performance mods but since you’re new to the ram family may I suggest you highly look into the hellwig rear sway bar 7709.

Ask any member on these forums. It will make your truck ride incredibly better and reduce the body roll of your truck. If you increase the ride quality of your truck ontop of increasing its performance you will be very happy in the long run

OP
OP
NorZeman

NorZeman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks guys! I'm open to any and all suggestions on where to look for a better overall experience with my truck. This is my dd and will not be taking it to a track or anything of that like.

So far I put a Borla ProXs on, and it sounds so much nicer (though the Mrs disagrees). Have a K&N drop in on it's way, Airlift 1000's on their way, and working on replacing the intake midpipe (someone ordered two 45 elbows instead of a 45 and a 90, doh).

Thanks to you guys I have a CC on the list (had no idea about them previously) and will now be looking into the mentioned sway bar.

I know most on here agree tune would be the best option for performance gains (outside of turbo/supercharger), but I'm just not ready to make that jump on a truck with less than 500 miles on it. That will probably be something I end up revisiting in 5-ish years.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Djoker04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Ram 1500 2015
Engine
HEMI
Thanks guys! So sounds like I should just hold off on Intake and Exhaust (still debating this though, all these sound clips from aftermarkets have me drooling).

As to the unlocked PCM, I'm guessing that would cause issues with my mfg warranty.. Haven't really gone down that route yet. Used SC flashpaqs on my last 2 vehicles with pretty good results.

So Unlocked PCM (or PCM swap) + Diablo tuner would get me started with preloaded tunes? If I were to add CAI or headers/exhaust down the road could go to one of the guys Brent mentioned for a custom tune?

Has anyone tried out the Pulsar or avoid it due to apparent lack of custom tuning?

Look into the Edge Pulsar...it’s a Bolt/add on to the PCM... if you have to get anything flashed you take it off! It doesn’t leave any footprints!!

I also did the ECODIESEL airbox swap.....it’s better and cheaper than the CAI mod!! Got it through the MOPARPARTS vendor here!’

I went to Corpus Christi this past weekend and I only used only a lil over a half a tank of gas!! Stayed between 75-80...85 to pass

I’ve been down before and I can tell the difference

My pulsar is in economy Mode...

15 1500 Tradesmen 5.7 HEMI

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I also hear great things about core 4x4 upper and lower rear control arms. This will be my next mod

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
NorZeman

NorZeman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Look into the Edge Pulsar...it’s a Bolt/add on to the PCM... if you have to get anything flashed you take it off! It doesn’t leave any footprints!!

I also did the ECODIESEL airbox swap.....it’s better and cheaper than the CAI mod!! Got it through the MOPARPARTS vendor here!’

I went to Corpus Christi this past weekend and I only used only a lil over a half a tank of gas!! Stayed between 75-80...85 to pass

I’ve been down before and I can tell the difference

My pulsar is in economy Mode...

15 1500 Tradesmen 5.7 HEMI
I was originally only looking into the Pulsar, not the PCM swap etc. Hadn't really gotten much feedback on here other than the PCM was the better way to go (which I'm not comfortable with)... $500+ for the pulsar is a pretty steep ask for something without customizable tunes IMO.. loved my flashpaq's on my previous vehicles.

I thought about doing the ECODiesel swap and still might down the road. Was going to see how it did with the new drop in air filter first before making that call. Still haven't been able to definitively find that the Eco box is the same part for the '19 classics.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk